Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Carseat Crazy

Radian RXT Harness Buckle

My daughter is now over 30#. According to the Diono Radian RXT manual, she needs the Harness Buckle in the forward most buckle position. http://us.diono.com/docs/manuals/Dio...122811_web.pdf (page 37).

Really? There is a HUGE gap. The buckle is really really angling back toward her (which is a huge no-no for children 5-30#). And now she has room to slide down more and I'm noticing when I put her in the seat, the harness is at/below her shoulders (at the 4th slot), but when we arrive at our destination, she's slid so much, the harness is well above her shoulders... I'll follow the instruction manual, but really? why is this?

Thanks!
    A: 1/2010, 45#, 45"
    M: 10/2011, 35#, 41"
    Both riding in a Britax Frontier 90

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPST Instructor murphydog77's Avatar

Re: Radian RXT Harness Buckle

Hi. Have you called Diono about this? I'm imagining that they think a child over 30 lbs. is going to be bulky there which is why they want you to move it out all the way. Since there's so much space that she's able to slide down, I'd move it back to the 2nd slot position and give Diono a call to verify that it's OK.

VanIsleMommy

Re: Radian RXT Harness Buckle

ditto to the above.. apparently they have said you can use any crotch buckle position but this should be confirmed for the newer models.