Pic... My radian is here

huntressxx

Does this look right? He just turned 2!!! Have it installed rf in the 2013 ford explorer now. I want to get 3 more but one at a time so it doesn't hurt the budget too much. Using angle adjuster
Anybody else hate the padding around the straps

image-3658705030.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

Keeanh

Those pads on the harness are optional. If you're in Canada, they're only optional for rear-facing and required for forward-facing, but in the US they're optional both RF & FF. If you phone Diono, they may replace them with regular harness covers (they used to, don't know if that offer is still available).

huntressxx

Keeanh said:
Those pads on the harness are optional. If you're in Canada, they're only optional for rear-facing and required for forward-facing, but in the US they're optional both RF & FF. If you phone Diono, they may replace them with regular harness covers (they used to, don't know if that offer is still available).

We are in Canada so I will just keep them on then easier than tracking them down when he turns around

careynj

How tall is the person that drives this? I've got to put my niece's RXT in my Mom's 2013 explorer for the day Thursday :)
Also, macmomma, where do you install your Frontier? Do you know if it works in the back row, I haven't gotten to play with mine yet. My nephew uses it, but I need to install it for next week.

V

VanIsleMommy

We are in Canada so I will just keep them on then easier than tracking them down when he turns around

haha this!! I have a box labelled "car seat parts" with all kinds of stuff in there, but for the life of me I can't find that box. I have to turn DS forward facing in 3 pounds, and I hate those strap covers!

macmomma

Also, macmomma, where do you install your Frontier? Do you know if it works in the back row, I haven't gotten to play with mine yet. My nephew uses it, but I need to install it for next week.

I have it in the third row passenger side LBP install. you have to work the seat, the seatbelt barely fits but it fits! Passenger side is the only place in third row with tether. I had tried LATCH back there but it kept wiggling. It also fits good with LATCH outboard in the second row.

Keeanh

haha this!! I have a box labelled "car seat parts" with all kinds of stuff in there, but for the life of me I can't find that box. I have to turn DS forward facing in 3 pounds, and I hate those strap covers!

The Radian also passes Canadian FF tests without the covers :whistle:. They're just not allowed to "allow" it because the test results they presented to Transport Canada were done with the stupid covers on. I happen to have one of each type so always use the older Radian with the regular covers FF.

tiggercat

Keeanh said:
The Radian also passes Canadian FF tests without the covers :whistle:. They're just not allowed to "allow" it because the test results they presented to Transport Canada were done with the stupid covers on. I happen to have one of each type so always use the older Radian with the regular covers FF.

Can I ask who gave you this info? I hate those stupid covers, they live in my box of carseat parts too. I may not ever use the RXT FF but if I do, I'd rather not have to use them!

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

tiggercat

To the OP, I'd take out the seat protector, because I dislike that particular one and find it tends to mask poor installs.
Is there less than 1 inch of movement when you grab at the belt path and pull side to side?
Since you are in Canada, what is baby riding in? Do you know the required handle position on the seat?

huntressxx

careynj said:
How tall is the person that drives this? I've got to put my niece's RXT in my Mom's 2013 explorer for the day Thursday :)

I'm 5'6... And it's my car my husband drives a 2012 dodge ram. He's a passenger only in my car lol

I'm in love with this car. Tho I miss my 2011 dodge caravan I just traded in for space. I don't miss the clunky unrefined drive.

It does not move at all. Is there something better you can recommend that will protect my leather. And it's a chicco keyfit 30 I don't recall reading anywhere that I had to have the handle up or down. I always keep it up but I put it back for the pic

Last edited:

Keeanh

Can I ask who gave you this info? I hate those stupid covers, they live in my box of carseat parts too. I may not ever use the RXT FF but if I do, I'd rather not have to use them!

I had a phone conversation with Allana. She also clarified that the old SKJP Radians passed all current Canadian testing and are only non-compliant because of labeling. She said they got better chest G results with the memory foam covers so that's what they presented to TC (and therefore that's what they stick with in the manual and official recommendations).

tiggercat

huntressxx said:
I'm 5'6... And it's my car my husband drives a 2012 dodge ram. He's a passenger only in my car lol

I'm in love with this car. Tho I miss my 2011 dodge caravan I just traded in for space. I don't miss the clunky unrefined drive.

It does not move at all. Is there something better you can recommend that will protect my leather. And it's a chicco keyfit 30 I don't recall reading anywhere that I had to have the handle up or down. I always keep it up but I put it back for the pic

What are you trying to protect the leather from? The bottom of the angle adjuster is soft foam, the feet of the Radian are in the seat bight, there really isn't anything to damage it? I am comfortable with a single layer of a thin old towel under seats, that is all. Ultimately it is your call, but the less extra "stuff" the better. And, transport Canada recommends against them.

For the Chicco, you might want to check your manual, but I believe it needs to be up when in the vehicle for the 2012 seats to meet the antirebound component of the new regulations. 2011 and older keyfits can be in any locked position.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC