myride 65 in Edmonton?

biddyk8

Anyone seen this recently? We tried 2 TRU and a walmart today and none had one so we could check out if dd liked it. She was in a complete air and liked it a lot and actually fit the straps but would like to see her in a myride before we bought it.

She screamed in the britax advocate so thats off my list now.

ADS

geekKT

I think my post got eaten. I haven't personally seen a MyRide lately but I'm pretty sure a friend mentioned having checked it out in a Sears within the last month. Maybe try calling and seeing if they have it in stock?

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Sears is likely your best bet really for finding one on the floor, and then ordering online if you like it -- cheapest I'm aware of is on Amazon.ca for $161 and free shipping. Possibly Superstore but not likely. I wish they were carried at more brick and mortar stores, it's a great seat but people are hesitant to buy it sight unseen.

biddyk8

its 169 in sears at the moment on sale so if they had it and I like it we'd get it there.

oh and does anyone know the difference between the complete air and the cruise air? The descriptions on the site are identical so I don't understand the difference:confused:

Pixelated

I think the Cruise Air is a Guide 65 with the air pillows. The Complete Air is a different seat entirely, and I would choose the Complete Air over the Cruise Air (if it is indeed a Guide 65 clone). It adjusts in height more easily, doesn't have headrest issues with the child's head being pushed forward, and I think is a taller harness height.

I'm seeing this as the Cruise Air: http://www.sears.ca/product/safety-...infant-child-car-seat/632-000479196-22762CAUC

And this is the Complete Air, although some stores like Cdn Tire seem to call it the Air Protect: http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brow...ir+Protect+Convertible+Car+Seat.jsp?locale=en

biddyk8

Thanks. we tried a complete air today its our current front runner. just when i saw the other one on the website with the same description I said I would ask.

I'd love a foonf but I dont think I can justify the 250$ price difference

Pixelated

Do you have a thread elsewhere with details about your child's age/weight/height and your car?

It seems you're after extended rear facing maybe? The Complete Air does have a 36" rear facing height limit.

biddyk8

I did its far down though. She is 25", 16.7lbs (probably 17 now) and 6 months old. 25th percentile height, 50th weight.

We have a dodge journey. The complete air straps do fit her so she seems to have a longish torso.

Pixelated

Have you considered a True Fit? It's nice and tall and doesn't have a standing height limit but rather requires 1" of hard shell above the head. It has only a 35lbs weight limit, but if she's on the light side this will get you to at least age 3 (you can look at where she'd be on a growth chart if you like). It installs nice and upright, but it's wide. I like it. It's tall too for forward-facing.

biddyk8

its on my list but yet to see one in real life to get a feel for it. Its on the bru site but haven't seen it in store. I think shes going to be chunky and short though

Pixelated

Canadian Tire just started carrying it so you might have better luck finding it there, but call around because not every store will have it on the shelf. They have a nice plush cover in black with red and white trim.

Short and chunky you'd likely be better off with the MyRide, but don't count the True Fit out! Is a Radian in contention? From your other thread it does apparently install well in your vehicle.

biddyk8

the radian is in consideration but the other ones are alot cheaper, and hubby keeps pointing out that there will probably be a far safer seat released by the time she hits 4 that we would want to change her into.

snowbird25ca

just an fyi - costco.ca has the complete air for $199.99

That's regular price on the Complete Air at stores as well. :thumbsup:

The True Fit with ARB is at the west end TRU store right now. It's going to be in a flyer as a special buy for $99, but as with all special buys, it arrives in store at the special buy price and stays at that price until it is sold out. The dates of manufacture are older on them though - looks like First Years held back stock from shipping while testing to the updated standards, made changes to the manual and added a sticker or two to the seat itself, and have shipped them out compliant to the updated standards. The seats have 4.5yrs left before expiring so tons of use still for a $99 seat.

MammaBear

Never having bought one, I didn't know the regular price :)
There's an online code for $10 off a purchase of $100 at sears.ca if you use the discount code 941612003.... It expires Oct 5. Is it okay if I put that on here? If not, someone lemme know and I won't do it again....

biddyk8

snowbird do you know when they will be at the 99$ price? I might have to take a drive up to the west end one this evening and see it.

Pixelated

That's regular price on the Complete Air at stores as well. :thumbsup:

The True Fit with ARB is at the west end TRU store right now. It's going to be in a flyer as a special buy for $99, but as with all special buys, it arrives in store at the special buy price and stays at that price until it is sold out. The dates of manufacture are older on them though - looks like First Years held back stock from shipping while testing to the updated standards, made changes to the manual and added a sticker or two to the seat itself, and have shipped them out compliant to the updated standards. The seats have 4.5yrs left before expiring so tons of use still for a $99 seat.

That is an AWESOME price - wow! Is that at all BRU do you know?

biddyk8

well tried the true fit in the car it really didn't work, would need a few pool noodles for the angle :( it looks like the graco would have a similar issue due to the angled seats. The complete air fits and no noodle needed :)

Pity I didn't discover that yesterday its gone back up to 199 everywhere after being 169 yesterday :mad:

Pixelated

There's nothing wrong with needing pool noodles -- unless you're moving it frequently, the need, or not, for pool noodles wouldn't impact my decision on a seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC