Vent Unrestrained kid and a call to the cops

jkrkmama

There was a kid in the car next to me and the two adult ladies in the front were yelling at him and swatting at him. He was maybe 5, if that. He wasn't even in a seatbelt. I watched them for awhile and then decided to call the cops. They must have known I was doing that and made a u turn and sped back the other way. I called the cops and gave a description of the car and occupants, so I'm hoping for he best. I feel guilty though, like maybe I misunderstood the situation:/

ADS

Kat_Momof3

don't feel guilty... most likely they were yelling and swatting at him for not wearing a seatbelt and sitting still... and they don't know that the reason this is going on is because he needs to be in a booster seat or carseat.

too bad you couldn't get the license number (it sounds like you didn't)

koda&phiasmama

Don't feel bad ! I'm right there with you today ! Passed a younger dad with his maybe 2 year old DD in a seat with only the harness around her legs she was pulling her self up to stick her head out of the window :( she had such a sweet smile makes me sad to know he doesn't realize the danger she was in.

You did the right thing DH doesn't like when I get involved at all so I've learned it's not worth an argument between us. Otherwise I would have called as well !

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC