Which seat does she have more growing room in?

karina250

Sorry for posting so many threads lately. Im having a hard time deciding on a seat.

Trying to decide if I should keep this MA I bought on impulse last night or take it back and get the MyRide I went in for. Which seat does it look like DD has more room to grow in?

(DD has not been riding in the MyRide I just havent disposed of it yet and so I thought I would install it so I could compare the two seats.)

(I resized the pictures but it isnt taking effect yet)

DSCN7979_zpsf2754c8b.jpg
DSCN7990_zps29708e0b.jpg

DSCN7981_zpsa73d0760.jpg
DSCN7986_zpsef197392.jpg

ADS

xursusmaritimusx

Because she is on the petite side I'd keep the MA. My dd still fit in the MA rf when she was 3. She outgrew it by weight first.

Your dd will probably fit until 4 easily. Maybe even longer in the ma.

So if you like it keep it!

karina250

So because of her size it really just comes down to what I like best? I'm really leanings toward the MyRide. Mainly because I'm comfortable with it. DS RF in his until almost 3.5 I feel like I know the MR. I feel confident I can get DD to atleast 3 RF in the MR where as I feel I'm taking a gamble with the MA. I'm afraid she'll have a big growth spurt or something and Ill wish I got the MyRide. Also it looks like the MA has quite a bit less leg room. Thanks for all your help. I think Ive convinced myself that another MyRide is the way to go.

Avery'sMama

CPST Instructor
I prefer the Marathon because it is not so reclined forward facing. My kids don't seem to care about the leg room. I also like the installation of the Marathon better, and the ability to top tether rear-facing. Now, that said, there is nothing WRONG with the MyRide, or any reason why it isn't a good option! But given the choice, in my car, I use my Marathon regularly and the MyRide is back-up.

cryswilkins

Avery'sMama said:
I prefer the Marathon because it is not so reclined forward facing. My kids don't seem to care about the leg room. I also like the installation of the Marathon better, and the ability to top tether rear-facing. Now, that said, there is nothing WRONG with the MyRide, or any reason why it isn't a good option! But given the choice, in my car, I use my Marathon regularly and the MyRide is back-up.

These are my exact feelings.

In my mind the Myride is not an option for FFing because it's super reclined. If that is not important to you then go with the Myride.

Sent from my iPhone, please excuse my typos.

Brianna

I thought I wouldn't like the recline of the MR FF but J didn't mind it at all. I also love how deep the headwings are.

Probably the deciding factor for me would be which one I liked using better. If the MR buckle bothers you then go with the Marathon.

karina250

:)
These are my exact feelings.

In my mind the Myride is not an option for FFing because it's super reclined. If that is not important to you then go with the Myride.

Sent from my iPhone, please excuse my typos.

DS used his MyRide for awhile forward facing and never complained. Honestly I was thinking by the time she outgrew the MR RFing I would get her a combination seat like the Nautilus. However now I am rethinking keeping the MA. I really do like it, I just dont have the money to keep buying seat so I want something that will last her RF as long as I need it to.

crunchierthanthou

Based on your measuring tape, there's not much difference in how much shell she has left. If you like the MR better, use it. My preferences would probably skew toward the MA, but that doesn't mean the MR is without benefits.

Personally, I don't like either of them ff, so I wouldn't base my decision off that.

Little Ps Mama

I'd go with the MR. Leg room is a priority for me in seats for longer RF use and the MR definitely wins in that category. Plus I like the deep sides.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

T4K

Will you ever need to install with seatbelt? The MyRide always tips when I install with seatbelt. I hate locking clips. So Britax always wins out for me because of the built in lockoffs. I do own and love my MyRide but I also have a Britax with lockoffs when I need to install with a seatbelt.

Kat_Momof3

the top slots are equal... they're at the same point on her head (which took me awhile to be sure of since pics were at different angles) That's what is going to make the difference long term. I also like that the Marathon sits more upright when it is forward facing (though it does have enough of a natural recline to eliminate head slump)

I'd keep the MA for sure, but that's because there are things on that seat I prefer... the extra padding, the premium latch connectors, the fabrics, the way it sits when forward facing, the rearfacing tether.

That's not to say that everyone is the same and would make the same choice. You have to decide which seat you prefer.

babyherder

Keep whichever one you like better. If you're going to throw away one myride and get a new one I'd get a myride and keep the old cover so I had 2 covers.

cpsaddict

I prefer the Marathon. I don't think it's a gamble at all because the classic shells are slightly taller than the Myride. The new generation
Britax seatrs and the Myride are within .5" of each other. My friend has both and we measured the internal seating height on them.

stacytr

We had a MR and loved it for DD who RF'd till almost 4. Instead of keeping the MR when it was time to turn, she got DS's old Nautilus (which she loved). I had tried a Marathon when DS was little and I remember I couldn't see over it! I think it's really a matter of personal preference.

Phineasmama

If you want to use it for FFing later on, I would stick with the MA. Otherwise just keep whichever one you like better.

karina250

Thanks for all your help. Ive deided to keep the MA. I really like all the features it has over the MR. I am feeling confident now that my DD can last RF in this seat. I tried my 4 year old DS in it and he still fits FF. Aside from his weight - height wise he almost fits RF. He is just a an inch too tall. I appriciate you all taking the time to give me your opinions.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC