Need stroller help

caritas

This is for a friend. And I think you guys are pretty much stroller experts. :D

She needs a stroller. She has a 3 year old and is going to have a newborn today or tomorrow. I bought her a KF30. She wants a stroller she can use for both of them.

She doesn't want side by side.
She wants an option for the 3 year old to ride as needed.
She wants the KF to be able to be put in it somehow (I think a ride along board/added seat would be fine)
She has a full Expedition, so not much cargo space for it to fit.
She thinks an expensive stroller is absurd. (I have a used P&T and she thinks the price of it is insane.)

I think this is a hard order to fill, but I promised her I'd do some research. Would a Joovy fit her needs AND fit in the Expedition?

ADS

daniele_ut

When DD was born and DS1 as 3 I briefly used a Sit N Stand Plus (I think that is what it was called. It had a removable second seat that turned it into a regular sit N Stand). I used to recline the rear seat and just sit the Key Fit in it. I also had a Joovy Ultralight for a while but that was after the infant seat period. Either one should fit in an Expedition.

It was like this one:

http://www.target.com/p/baby-trend-...5&CPNG=baby&ci_sku=12443135&ci_gpa=pla&ci_kw=

I think I just took the tray off the rear seat, but it's been a while.

The Caboose and Caboose Ultralight are both compatible with the KeyFit and come with the adapter bar so I'd probably go that route. You can even get an optional rear seat for the Caboose now.

mom2kandm

I have the joovy ultralight and use it with my 1 1/2 year and 4 1/2 year. Its is a great stroller as it handles really well, even one handed. I think it handles better than by briatx b-agile. Doesnt take up much space compared to some doubles. Plus, it comes will all the accessories (infant car seat adapter, snack tray, parent console) which is extra on a lot of other brands.

The cons: basket not big and can be hard to access, when using the stroller with the infant carseat, the back seat rider is pretty much limited to standing. Not sure if u can use the new joey seat with an infant carseat. No full recline, so napping on the go may be hard. Also, the back of the seat is not very high, also an issue napping for taller kids.

My craigslist also has them for much less than retail and many of them are in very good/excellent condition. It may be be a good place to check it out of if the stores in your area do not carry them.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC