Question Confused.... Evenflo chase harness limit

daycaremom2002

The Evenflo chase lx dunagan at Walmart says that the harness limit is 40 pounds. Online (on evenflos site) says both 40 and 65 pounds in the description. I haven't kept up on changes and new seats so I am confused. It would be awesome if they are 65 pounds now. One of my daycare kids needs a new seat. She is 3yo and is still in a comfortsport. :( she actually still fit until about a month ago. I have been reminding her mom, but you know.... She is petite and mom will keep her harnessed as long as the seat lasts. She will nor rear face her so I am just going for an affordable option for her.

Thanks!!

http://www.evenflo.com/product.aspx?id=421&pfid=6167

Sent from my iPad

ADS

christineka

Evenflo's website clearly states a 65 pound harness rating. I asked on evenflo's facebook page if that was correct. (I hope so!)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Methinks someone needs to put on their proofreading glasses in the Evenflo office :p (Remember how long it took them to update their page that the Tribute was 35lbs RF?) :rolleyes:

daycaremom2002

Unless I am just very tired this morning, it appears that they have changed the description now and only show the 40 pounds. I really hope that there weren't too many parents who saw that and will use the seat to 65 pounds. :(

Thanks for the help ladies. :) I think I might still recommend the seat for her. She is very petite and will probably be under 40 pounds until she is 6. I might suggest the Maestro, but knowing her mom, it is better to suggest one that is at the store right up the road. LOL

christineka

That's real shady of them to see my facebook comment (I'm sure they did.), change the info on the website, and not even acknowledge that they made a mistake and have ow fixed it.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
That's not at all uncommon, though. We hear all the time of people leaving notes that something is not right. They may also have heard of it through several people, and rather than figure out who said what when and who was first they just fix it and move on.

Wendy

christineka

I know they read facebook! They answered me just the other day about the tribute changing the rfing weight limit. They could at least acknowledge my post about the chase harness limit, saying "Sorry that was an error. The chase lx has a harness weight limit of 22-40 pounds and then converts to booster for 40-110 pounds."

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC