Graco TB in Chevy Silverado

czmom

Hello. My 6-year old is right at 40 lbs. and 45" tall. She mostly rides harnessed in a Frontier in our Honda Odyssey. We just bought a Graco TB for my hubby's Silverado (extended cab). This is my first experience with a seatbelt booster, and I am not sure the lap belt part fits her right. I have looked at the pictures on the IIHS website, and am not sure about the position of the lap belt. It seems like, in the Silverado, the bottom part of the seatbelt is connected far back behind the seat to make it impossible for the lap part to only go across her legs.
Does anyone know if the TB works well in an extended cab Silverado?
It is directly behind the driver's seat if that matters. We have a FF Radian in the middle.

Thank you!

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Across her legs is fine. You just don't want it up on her abdomen. You don't want it down at the middle of her thighs, but at the top of the thighs, more than on her hips, is just ine.

Wendy

czmom

There seems to be a very fine line between "too high up on abdomen" and "too low on thighs". I have been studying photos and am more confused than ever.
I did take a picture of her, but cannot figure out how to post it on here. Is there a way to do that without going through photobucket?

czmom

I think I may have figured something out...the reason the lap belt seemed too high was perhaps because the arm rest was at the tallest setting. I have lowered the arm rests and will try her out in it tomorrow, and will post a pic for reassurance. Thanks!

mish

I'm probably late to the party here, but my son uses a turbo in a silverado extended cab and he fits very well. I hope you get it to work for you!

czmom

I have a couple pictures for you to look it, if you don't mind. I am not sure lowering the arm rests made much difference...and yes, I did put the screws back in. :D

DSC_0035_zps3109d866.jpg

Aaaack! Sorry it is so large. I clearly don't know what I am doing with photobucket (it did not give me an option for a smaller size). I will just post one if that is enough. I think the head rest needs to go up one as well???

But does the lap belt look okay?

monstah

I think the lap belt looks good. Borderline, but good. :) Did you lay it a little flatter (lower) across the hips and pull the belt a little snug? That might help.

But it looks like the headrest needs to go up a notch (or a few notches) so the red belt guide is above her shoulders.

czmom

Thank you! I will definitely raise the head rest, and pull the lap belt more snug. The 5-pt harness is so much easier!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC