Grrrr, car coat

smackeen

Well, I usually would pick up my fleece coats from lands end, but now they are no longer carrying the ones I usually ordered.

Now they only carry aircore fleece is crappy colors.

Anyone have any sites to order from and do not cost a fortune to ship to Canada?

ADS

smackeen

Amazon.ca does not carry clothing. Checked ebay and nothing at the moment.

They are out of the size coat (hooded) that I need for my 4yr old. I guess I am super picky as I one a single color, not two toned, etc.

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Another vote for MEC. That's all I've used, as well as the Ursus suits for the younger ones. Nice colours, and have held up extremely well over the years.

Phineasmama

My kids all have North Face Denali jackets, the younger two also have Perrito jackets (down filled but thin enough for car)

alake

I was about to ask the same thing, but needing it for a newbie. She is currently 7 pounds four ounces at 1 month, and we will be traveling to Canada just after she turns 2 months. Is there a good cover to use on the infant carrier also?

featherhead

I was about to ask the same thing, but needing it for a newbie. She is currently 7 pounds four ounces at 1 month, and we will be traveling to Canada just after she turns 2 months. Is there a good cover to use on the infant carrier also?

What area of Canada? Some are much milder than others. If you are in a milder area then I would just get a cover for over top. Then put sweater/hat/booties on and tuck blankets around her, with the cover over top.

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor

A fleece sleeper one size bigger is good - anything else is way too big for a baby that little. Any shower cap style infant seat cover should do it, with a blanket and a hat. It's not very cold here yet in most of the country.

alake

What area of Canada? Some are much milder than others. If you are in a milder area then I would just get a cover for over top. Then put sweater/hat/booties on and tuck blankets around her, with the cover over top.

We are going to be out on the family farm in Saskatchewan for a few days, and then heading to the cabin for the rest of the week. We are planning to spend a lot of time outside. lots of walking and adventuring.

featherhead

We are going to be out on the family farm in Saskatchewan for a few days, and then heading to the cabin for the rest of the week. We are planning to spend a lot of time outside. lots of walking and adventuring.

Ok, so you're going in a month? Probably won't be snow yet, but should be quite cool, especially at night. For the carseat I think blankets, etc should be fine. But you'll want lots of warm clothes for hiking! I would do lots of layers, and then a good fleece suit over top. Not sure exactly where in Saskatchewan, but if there is a Superstore near, they have nice thick fleece suits. They are $20 I believe. Maybe your family could pick one up for you before you get there.

alake

Ok, so you're going in a month? Probably won't be snow yet, but should be quite cool, especially at night. For the carseat I think blankets, etc should be fine. But you'll want lots of warm clothes for hiking! I would do lots of layers, and then a good fleece suit over top. Not sure exactly where in Saskatchewan, but if there is a Superstore near, they have nice thick fleece suits. They are $20 I believe. Maybe your family could pick one up for you before you get there.
We are landing in Saskatoon, so yes, we will be near a Superstore. Thank you for the help.

bubbaray

I have no clue how cold it is in November in SK, but I would think it is considerably colder than Vancouver. A fleece is NOT warm enough here in November unless you are using it as a middle layer. Here you would definitely need setting warmer.

I get my kids the LLB warmup jackets for most of winter here ( we have much milder winters than SK). But I would think that the warmup jacket would work for SK in November. ETA they wear the LLB katahdin parkas for skiing and if there is snow in town which almost never happens.

http://m.llbean.com/mt/www.llbean.com/llb/shop/70018?productId=1170033&un_jtt_redirect

LLB ships free to Canada. You do pay duty, but If there is no MEC near you, I find that it's about the same as shipping and tax from MEC. I prefer the LLB stuff if I am comparing apples to apples. I only get the MEC stuff If i happen I be there. The LLB stuff definitely washes better.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC