Godmother Fail

msg221

I went to take one of my seats out because later today I am taking my two aunts shopping and needed to free up a seat. I decided to take the Argos out since it is easier to install than the FR85. I was trying to reach around to unbuckle the seat belt and couldn't find it, and then I wanted to vomit because I realized that I couldn't find it because IT WASN'T EVEN INSTALLED!! I can't even remember when I last took it out and why I had just set it on the seat without installing it!

Worse yet is that Nour rode in it last Sunday when she went along for the ride when I dropped Zain and their cousin off. That was a 20 minute trip and then we drove another 10 minutes to Ikea where part of that trip is on a major freeway! On the way home, she asked to ride in Zain's seat so thankfully she was in the FR85 for the trip home. I am just sick about this, thinking of the "what ifs."

You can bet I will be checking their seats each and every time they get in them, like I should have been all along.

ADS

jacqui276

At least you noticed now and not however many car trips down the road! Glad nothing happened while she was riding in it.

Last edited:

babyherder

I always try to buckle my seats in a way that is obviously wrong so that they're not projectiles but they're clearly not installed if I don't have time to install (or don't want/need to for whatever reason). I'm nervous I might do the same thing you did.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I have been there, done that msg... Not identical, but similar. It's a terrifying feeling, and all you can do us say a prayer of thanksgiving that all is okay and move on.

Like babyherder, I do a lot of weird things to transport... Upside down on the front seat or RF combos. I keep waiting to get stopped in a parking lot by a fellow carseat nerd, lol...

scariestone

We all have brain farts. MIL, DS and I went to the boardwalk a couple years ago then we dropped her off and went home. The next day when I was putting DS in his seat it moved as he climbed in. MIL had unbuckled his seat when trying to undo her seatbelt and I had driven home on the freeway. Even worse, DH and I were shopping at costco and had DS's infant seat clipped on top of the cart(ya ya I didn't know any better then) and DH was like undo his straps he will be more comfy. I very hesitantly did so. When we left, DH put his seat in the base, I took him out when we got home, and went to undo his straps to find out they weren't on!!! I think I literally almost had a freaking heart attack. I was SO made at myself and never listened to DH again. (With safety issues anyway.)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC