Really, Oobr won't work in my Odyssey here? Ahhh!

bnsnyde

Before I go try, does the 8th seat of the Odyssey (2011) need to be in a certain position to use the OObr? This 8th seat goes front or back quite a bit, and the seatbelt is from the ceiling. Is there a best fit or can any position be used? I might not have much choice based on other seats but figured I'd check.

UPDATE: I read this seat doesn't work here because:

Clek Oobr & Olli: NO – connects easily to lower LATCH anchors and is therefore very stable but is too wide to fit between the seatbelt anchors in this very narrow center position

Really? So I have to return it? (It's coming today). Let me know if I should just refuse this package. :(. I ordered two but maybe the 2nd one will be fine outboard for my son.

We need a long term solution for a booster there and I want it to latch if possible. Would Frontier85 or Prosport work as a booster? Cybex (we have one)?

Last edited:
ADS

Phineasmama

I think my oobr manual said that the vehicle seat must be in the most upright position. Of course that's not really an issue as far as comfort goes because the Oobr reclines nicely :)

gigi

The Oobr reclines but when reclined it was so difficult to buckle. And with it reclined, my kid looked like he was laying on a slide LOL. I much prefer the parkway to the Oobr...maybe that would work?

Phineasmama

Well, there are several different levels of recline so you can recline it only as much as you need...not sure how it would be like a slide unless you reclined it way too far :confused:

bnsnyde

I just meant the seat goes up by the driver or can be pushed back; was not talking about the recline at all. (it slides front to back and seems that would affect belt fit)

Anyway, if the official blog said the seat does not work there in the 8th seat, I guess that's that. I refused the package but at least we have 1 for my son for outboard.

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC