Size 4 Me issues at BRU

Spam

perhaps Graco has decided to use the my size 70 for the name and maybe that's why there were so few at Target and they were on clearance.. .just a thought.

ADS

ckelly626

I have a question (maybe I need a different thread??) but why do some seats I've seen in the forum have the little red loops on the LATCHes and the one I purchased does not? Am I missing something?

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
In your manual, does it talk about the "InRight" LATCH or something like that? Do you have push-on/premium connectors, or hook-over/traditional connectors? Wondering if the name change is due to removal of a few "premium" features, hmm.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I am trying to get clarification on this. Basically, these seats are very similar but will be sold through different channels. This is becoming more and more of a reality for brick and mortar stores, because they need "different" products in order not to be directly competing against online retailers that sell for much less and often don't have to charge sales tax. So, we will likely see an increase in the trend of more new products being sold exclusively at certain retailers and other products that may have two or more product names, in addition to small differences like fabric choices. Buyers who visit local stores to see a product and talk to a salesperson, then purchase for much less online have essentially forced this type of marketing for many consumer products.

As for the Size4Me 70 (Buy Buy Baby, specialty retailers like www.kids-n-cribs.com and some local Target stores) and the MySize 70 (BRU/TRU), I hope to report soon on any variations in features and will include this in my upcoming review if possible. In response to comments above, I am told that there is no recall (safety or otherwise) being considered for either product from Graco. This is strictly a marketing issue.

The updated rear-facing height limit guidance from Graco will apply to both products.

ckelly626

Mine are the traditional LATCH connectors. I got mine at BBB. I blogged about it recently at busybeautifulbudget.blogspot.com and you can see pics of it there.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Wait, the 40" limit is coming BACK? Why would Graco have it, remove it for the Size4Me, then reinstate it for both seats? It's currently the tallest rear facing seat on the market with a nearly 28" seated child's height. No child that tall is going to have 12" legs. Why would Graco add that back in to both??? Shouldn't it be gone for both seats?

Wendy

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Wait, the 40" limit is coming BACK? Why would Graco have it, remove it for the Size4Me, then reinstate it for both seats? It's currently the tallest rear facing seat on the market with a nearly 28" seated child's height. No child that tall is going to have 12" legs. Why would Graco add that back in to both??? Shouldn't it be gone for both seats?

Wendy

My mistake, I should not have included the 40" in that comment, I'll remove it!

S

SoCalCarSeatMama

I asked about this on Graco's FB page and this was their response:

"Hi Julie! Happy to hear you are one of the first to notice the My Size 70 at Babies “R” Us. The My Size 70 will be available in all Babies “R” Us stores nationwide by the end of September, but has slowly made its way to some select store shelves. You are correct, the My Size 70 has all of the same popular product features that consumers love in the Size4Me, like the Simply Safe Adjust Harness System that requires no rethreading and the one-second LATCH attachment that’s easy and secure. The main difference is the two new fashions: Thunder and Odyssey. For more information and photos of the My Size 70, please click on My Size 70. Rest assured, the Size4Me will continue to be available at Buy Buy Baby and other specialty retailers nationwide. We hope you will all enjoy the variety of new fashions available on our convertible car seats. At the end of the day, we hope consumers find our variety of product features and fashions refreshing and not confusing and are able to find the perfect car seat for their little one. Happy Shopping!"

You can find the thread here:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=352770524810028&set=o.53209687281&type=1

MommaMcCord

YAY!! I'm so glad to find out it's not just some weird mixup!! Now if only they could let the stores know what's going on!

And my seat has the inlatch system, but not those red loops, whatever those are

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC