Size 4 Me issues at BRU

MommaMcCord

Hey there... I just wanted to let everyone know that the Babies R Us here in Lewisville, TX has the Graco Size4Me 70... I went this past Sunday to try out several different car seats in my car to see how they fit, because we are going to purchase this weekend when DH gets paid. The car seat guy (with whom I've had MANY discussions) told me that Graco was coming out with a new seat, and he had some in the back. I KNEW what seat it was, and was SO excited!! I convinced him and his manager to take one out of the box and try it in my car, and play with it some. I LOVE this seat so far!

Now for the issue... later on Sunday after some of my excitement had worn off, I got to thinking about it, and realized that the car seat that they had was not called "Size4Me 70" but instead was labelled as "MySize 70." I'm sure there are some of you that are aware that this was originally going to be the name of the seat, but they changed it. I went back to the store, and sure enough, the boxes and seats are all labelled with the wrong name. The manager went through lots and lots of people to try to find out what was going on, the lady at Graco didn't even know what the deal was. She just kept saying that there is no MySize 70.

Depending on what BRU and Graco come up with, and how widespread the problem is, the solution could be as easy as Graco sending new stickers and manuals, or could be as in depth as them recalling all of those seats. No telling what this means for when the seats will be available for purchase. I'll update after the manager at BRU gets back with me with more information.

What a fiasco!!

ADS

MommaMcCord

I didn't even think about taking pictures!! Darn it! I'll see if DH will let me sneak up there later to take some. If not, I'll get some tomorrow.

OH, they also have 2 fabric choices, and they don't have the one that's on the graco site. They have one that's gray with blue piping, and one that's black with green accents on the cushions and piping. I'll see if I can get pics of those as well.

MommaMcCord

No. It was the Size 4 me, with all the awesome new features. That thing gets TALL, and I love love love that they finally added the easy latch buckles, instead of those hook things. I promise, it was the Size4ME 70, labelled as MySize 70. When the manager gave Graco the model number, the lady said that the model # was for a Size4Me.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I'm not sure I understand what the problem is. Even if they did/do change the name, why would there need to be a recall?

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
IIRC, the Size4Me was previously the MySize65, right? It's possible they're marketing them under different names. They certainly wouldn't be the first company to do that (*cough*dorel*cough*).

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Whatever it's called, yay, I'm glad to know there's something else to look forward to in our big huge babygear reset in a couple weeks (So far there's Pavilions and a bunch of Disney Baby gear and I insisted on putting Parkway SG's out early and we've already sold a couple of those :love:).

MommaMcCord

As far as I've been told, MySize 70 was going to be the name, but they changed it to Size 4 Me 70. The seats are labelled as MySize 70 on all the tags on the seats themselves, so if you were to try and sell it or something, that could get sticky since that kind of seat doesn't technically exist. And the manuals all have the 40 inch rearfacing height restriction, so those have to be replaced. It's not an issue for me, and I will still buy the seat this weekend if they'll let me. I think the only reason that they would recall them from BRU is if they changed something about the seat (like if they had to correct an issue with a belt or something) since these were made.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
MommaMcCord said:
And the manuals all have the 40 inch rearfacing height restriction, so those have to be replaced.

The manuals don't have to be replaced for that. Companies often make changes, and unless they affect the safety, there's no reason to alert people.

Good to know that the seat seems to temporarily have two names, though.

Spam

Glad they're finally arriving at brus. I really liked the odyssey (black/green). May have to stop in there tomorrow. I think the mysize70 would often be confused with the myride70 that's only sold at Target. I dislike all the different names given to the same seat.

xursusmaritimusx

heres the grey with blue piping that we saw from the abc 2011 expo

ABC-2011-Day-1-132.jpg

MommaMcCord

That gray with blue piping is actually a little different... looks like it has a lot more darker gray in it. We went and got pics... I just need to figure out how to post them.

xursusmaritimusx

i think its the same cover.. the expo pics were taken under different lights and with a cell phone which always throws off color.

ETA never mind. i totally missed that your cover has white in it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC