Carseats for 4 and 6 year old with new baby on the way? /moved from Re: 5 point harnessed seat for 4 year old?

U

Unregistered

I too am in a similar situation I have 2 girls 4 and 6 who are just reaching their 40# limit in their current seats, so I am going to need to replace 5 car seats, 2 in my car, 2 in dads and 1 in grandmas, and I have a little one on the way. Any way I do not mind spending the 200 for the frontier in my car since this is the car they are in the majority of the time but 200 times 5, not happening, so what would you girls suggest as a safe budget Harnessed seat that will last? Thanks in advance

ADS

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
Is space an issue at all for the 3 kids, or are these all in bigger vehicles?

In general, the recommended combination (harness to booster) seats are the Evenflo Maestro ($70) Evenflo Securekid ($130), Graco Nautilus ($130), Recaro ProSport ($220) and Britax Frontier ($220).

Is your 6 year old mature enough to start riding in a high back booster? By 6 most kids are there maturity wise, and once a child is the proper size and can sit properly, a harness isn't any safer than a booster. I would probably consider a booster for the secondary vehicles especially - a Graco TurboBooster is a great choice for around $50. Then you can spend a little more for your primary car if you want to keep her harnessed there for a little while.

U

Unregistered

Thank you so much for your response, there is so much info and so many options, I am so confused. We have bigger cars, Pilot and f250 so I don't think space is a problem. I always assumed the harness was safter, I guess ever since I saw the Kyle Miller video I am more drawn to harness, also I my 4 and 6 year old interchange position in the car so I think the 4 year old would end up in the booster :(

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC