Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Resources to teach children about Car Safety?

I'm googling and have found a few with worksheets but I'm wondering if you all have any favorites or any favorite videos appropriate for children.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Re: Resources to teach children about Car Safety?

I had the same question a few weeks ago and didn't get any answers on here either. I found a neat activity book through kansasboosterseat.gov under Car Seat Informational Handouts. It's the first one on the list. It's designed to teach booster seat safety to preschool and Kindergaeten aged kids. There is a silly song on there called "Boost Your Booty" than kids would like too. Carseat.org has booster kits with educational materials for sale. There is a video on there for kids about booster seats but I wasn't able to get it to work on my computer. Maybe it will work for you.

No video but here's a coloring page I like.

https://picasaweb.google.com/tjham1/...MjLirfM_ozFYg#

I just googled car seat coloring pages and got a few cute ones. I imagine you could google different stage ones and get a few hits.
    Shalan - CRST - I
    DS#1 10yr, 54in & 62lbs. Affix.
    DS#2 7yr, 44in & 41lbs. Diono Cambria.
    DS#3 5yr, 42in & 38lbs. FF in Radian Premier and Complete Air.

Riding in a 2015 Caravan and a 2013 Corolla.

What state are you in? Some states have pretty good resources for kids if you Google "child passenger safety [your state here]"