Britax Companion question

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
So I'm watching a friend's kids and she has a Companion (not expired yet). Last night when dad came to get the kids, he asked about the handle, they were told in the hospital to put it back. So I was looking online at the manual and it looks like it is supposed to be all the way back, behind the seat when in the car. Is that right? Or did they decide it was fine to leave it up like the Chaperone?

ADS

bnsnyde

I had the 2005 one. I loved that seat! As I was a new mom with no carseat experience, though, I shudder. I had NO idea about the harness slot things in back that had to be a certain position for newborns. I had no clue about any handle position. And they kept sending things in the mail to revise or update information and it was simply confusing.

Anything that was not obvious didn't get done or used properly.

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
bnsnyde said:
I had the 2005 one. I loved that seat! As I was a new mom with no carseat experience, though, I shudder. I had NO idea about the harness slot things in back that had to be a certain position for newborns. I had no clue about any handle position. And they kept sending things in the mail to revise or update information and it was simply confusing.

Anything that was not obvious didn't get done or used properly.

Oh yeah I forgot about all those advisories! I remember reading and re reading and not understanding them at all. Somehow every car seat picture I have from then looks correct to me now, at least! I credit that mostly to the CPST our hospital had that met with my husband before we were discharged.

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
Well, I switched out the chest clip from the paper clip that was bent and barely holding the harness to a newer Britax clip. Then I talked to Dad about the handle. He basically said "that is so much of a pain, I know I will never do that and I know my wife won't either" I hope it wasn't an issue of handle breaking or something. Thanks for the help. That was a dumb design, handle all the way back, under the seat?

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
Well, I switched out the chest clip from the paper clip that was bent and barely holding the harness to a newer Britax clip. Then I talked to Dad about the handle. He basically said "that is so much of a pain, I know I will never do that and I know my wife won't either" I hope it wasn't an issue of handle breaking or something. Thanks for the help. That was a dumb design, handle all the way back, under the seat?

:confused:

Wow, really? I mean, it's a little annoying but it's not THAT HARD, holy cow.

yetanotherjen

CPST Instructor
Oh yeah I forgot about all those advisories! I remember reading and re reading and not understanding them at all. Somehow every car seat picture I have from then looks correct to me now, at least! I credit that mostly to the CPST our hospital had that met with my husband before we were discharged.

I don't remember any advisories.... I bought one in 06 and then the lock off broke and Britax sent me an entirely new seat in 08. I loved my companion.

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
I don't remember any advisories.... I bought one in 06 and then the lock off broke and Britax sent me an entirely new seat in 08. I loved my companion.

There were two I remember... one was a sticker I had to replace, that was easy (and I remember not even reading the new sticker lol I was so well informed) and the other one was something about moving the crotch strap or something? I can't remember.

yetanotherjen

CPST Instructor
There were two I remember... one was a sticker I had to replace, that was easy (and I remember not even reading the new sticker lol I was so well informed) and the other one was something about moving the crotch strap or something? I can't remember.

yeah nope I don't recall any of that, and I know I registered the seat. Oh well! I have very few pictures of James in the car seat but the few I do have he looks pretty good.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC