'93 Honda Accord and LATCH?/ moved from Re: Using LATCH in center seat on 2009 Honda Accord

U

Unregistered

I have a 93 honda accord and I dont have any anchors in order to use the LATCH method for a car seat. I am willing to buy the anchors and install them but I want to know if anybody has an idea of how to install them before I buy them. Can somebody explain how to install anchors?

ADS

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Welcome! :D If you're asking about lower LATCH anchors that are used instead of the vehicle seatbelt for a carseat installation, your car cannot be retrofitted with lower LATCH anchors (the "LA" part of the LATCH acronym). This is true for virtually every vehicle that pre-dates having factory equipped LATCH. No real worries on that, though, because the vehicle seatbelt is an allowable installation method for installing any carseat. :)

A top tether anchor, the "T" in the LATCH acronym, on the other hand, can be retrofitted in your car for use with a forward facing harnessed carseat installed with the vehicle seatbelt. According to the LATCH manual, you can retrofit one top tether anchor for each vehicle seating position in your '93 Accord's back seat, up to 3 top tether anchors total. There are three 8mm weld nuts in the Accord's rear filler panel/package shelf where the top tether anchors can be retrofitted, and detailed top tether anchor retrofit instructions are included in your Honda's owner's manual. The Honda top tether anchor part number is 82410-SE3-C01, called a "plate assembly" by Honda and retails for approx. $13-$15 per part through Honda dealerships or somewhat less online from Honda parts stores if you Google search for the part number. Labor isn't included in the $13-$15 per tether anchor retrofit part so check with your Honda service department to find out about installation charges, or if you're handy and have access to a torque wrench, you can do it yourself by tightening the tether anchor bolt to a 16 lb-ft torque (22 Nm) per Honda's tether anchor retrofit info. in the LATCH manual.

BJEAN

Welcome! :D If you're asking about lower LATCH anchors that are used instead of the vehicle seatbelt for a carseat installation, your car cannot be retrofitted with lower LATCH anchors (the "LA" part of the LATCH acronym). This is true for virtually every vehicle that pre-dates having factory equipped LATCH. No real worries on that, though, because the vehicle seatbelt is an allowable installation method for installing any carseat. :)

A top tether anchor, the "T" in the LATCH acronym, on the other hand, can be retrofitted in your car for use with a forward facing harnessed carseat installed with the vehicle seatbelt. According to the LATCH manual, you can retrofit one top tether anchor for each vehicle seating position in your '93 Accord's back seat, up to 3 top tether anchors total. There are three 8mm weld nuts in the Accord's rear filler panel/package shelf where the top tether anchors can be retrofitted, and detailed top tether anchor retrofit instructions are included in your Honda's owner's manual. The Honda top tether anchor part number is 82410-SE3-C01, called a "plate assembly" by Honda and retails for approx. $13-$15 per part through Honda dealerships or somewhat less online from Honda parts stores if you Google search for the part number. Labor isn't included in the $13-$15 per tether anchor retrofit part so check with your Honda service department to find out about installation charges, or if you're handy and have access to a torque wrench, you can do it yourself by tightening the tether anchor bolt to a 16 lb-ft torque (22 Nm) per Honda's tether anchor retrofit info. in the LATCH manual.
HI! I need help with exactly where to install the tether

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
HI! I need help with exactly where to install the tether
Hi! If you have a 93 Accord, or any pre-2000 Accord, you install in the spots on the rear filler panel behind the seat. They are 8 mm weld nuts. Make sure you tighten to the correct torque. You can also check your manual for more information.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC