Help!! Need 2 RF and 1 FF to fit in a BMW X5!! - Canada

Soodles

Hi! I'm new here and having a hard time figuring out if this is possible!! Its a 2003 car, (so no 3rd row) We did okay with the twins RF in the Graco Snug rides and my 3 year old FF in a Safety 1st Alpha Omega. (which is going to my husbands car)

Now the boys are 21lbs and 18lbs and have to get out of the carriers..(max 22lbs!) My daughter is 34lbs.

I thought I would be okay with 3 diono Radians, but from what I can find on here, there may be a problem with 2 of them having to be RF.

What can I do??!!
Thank you so much for your help!!!

ADS

Phineasmama

Re: Help!! Need 2 RF and 1 FF to fit in a BMW X5!!

Maybe look at the Combi Coccoro for your twins? The weight limits aren't that high but they are definitely narrow and would work for a while yet if they are only around 20 lbs right now.

Make sure your daughter hasn't outgrown the Alpha Omega seat. Some of them are 40 lb forward facing weight limits and should never be used as a belt positioning booster because the belt fit is not good. And the harness needs to be coming from at or above her shoulders for forward facing.

jjordan

I just pm'd a member here who I think has lots of experience with your car and 3 across. She can probably help!

Soodles

Thanks so much! I have to add that I posted as a newbie and before I realized that there is a Canadian board! I just looked up the seats mentioned by the first poster who replied, and we don't have them here :( I did post there too, just hoping for a solution!!! Anyone with input would help me out a lot! This site is amazing!

An Aurora

Senior Community Member

Ohhh good to know that you are in Canada. The Combi Coccoro is a very tiny, narrow seat that is pretty awesome.

I had success with the Safety 1st Complete Air, Coccoro, and Radian RF (but didn't realize I didn't have a good install at the time). Diono has ok'd the install with the angle adjuster. I would probably try a Complete Air and Radian RF and a Radian FF.

Soodles

Thanks! So would you do the radian FF behind the driver, RF in the middle and the complete air behind the passenger? And where do I get the angle adjusters???
Thanks again :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC