Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Smile Help!! Need 2 RF and 1 FF to fit in a BMW X5!! - Canada

Hi! I'm new here and having a hard time figuring out if this is possible!! Its a 2003 car, (so no 3rd row) We did okay with the twins RF in the Graco Snug rides and my 3 year old FF in a Safety 1st Alpha Omega. (which is going to my husbands car)

Now the boys are 21lbs and 18lbs and have to get out of the carriers..(max 22lbs!) My daughter is 34lbs.

I thought I would be okay with 3 diono Radians, but from what I can find on here, there may be a problem with 2 of them having to be RF.

What can I do??!!
    Thank you so much for your help!!!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Help!! Need 2 RF and 1 FF to fit in a BMW X5!!

Maybe look at the Combi Coccoro for your twins? The weight limits aren't that high but they are definitely narrow and would work for a while yet if they are only around 20 lbs right now.

Make sure your daughter hasn't outgrown the Alpha Omega seat. Some of them are 40 lb forward facing weight limits and should never be used as a belt positioning booster because the belt fit is not good. And the harness needs to be coming from at or above her shoulders for forward facing.

Moderator - CPS Technician

I just pm'd a member here who I think has lots of experience with your car and 3 across. She can probably help!
    Cutie #1 (13 years) 5-stepping
    Cutie #2 (10 years) riding in a Safety 1st Incognito

Cutie #3 (7 years) riding in a Chicco KidFit
    Cutie #4 (6 years) riding in a Frontier
    Cutie #5 (3 years) riding in a Nuna Rava

I have founds lots of combos that worked; I will be back after dinner and post more in depth when not on my phone
    Anna~ RN and expired CPST (hoping to recert soon!)

6. Thank You from:

Thanks so much! I have to add that I posted as a newbie and before I realized that there is a Canadian board! I just looked up the seats mentioned by the first poster who replied, and we don't have them here I did post there too, just hoping for a solution!!! Anyone with input would help me out a lot! This site is amazing!

Ohhh good to know that you are in Canada. The Combi Coccoro is a very tiny, narrow seat that is pretty awesome.

I had success with the Safety 1st Complete Air, Coccoro, and Radian RF (but didn't realize I didn't have a good install at the time). Diono has ok'd the install with the angle adjuster. I would probably try a Complete Air and Radian RF and a Radian FF.
    Anna~ RN and expired CPST (hoping to recert soon!)

Thanks! So would you do the radian FF behind the driver, RF in the middle and the complete air behind the passenger? And where do I get the angle adjusters???
    Thanks again