Chicco High Chair--hard to clean?

lpperry

I am thinking about getting a Chicco Polly High Chair from Craigslist. Reviews say that they are hard to clean due to the a lot of crevices. Does anyone here have one? Do you like it? How easy is it to wipe down?

I have a home daycare and the kids are messy, so I need something that is easy to clean. I use the highchair so often and will use it for a long period of time, so I like to buy higher end high chairs.

Is there a difference between the Chicco Polly High Chairs and the older ones? Sometimes I can't tell what someone is selling. I thought I remember not liking a friend's Chicco because the tray was so heavy. When I tried one in the store today, the tray was very light.

ADS

jgomez411

lpperry said:
I am thinking about getting a Chicco Polly High Chair from Craigslist. Reviews say that they are hard to clean due to the a lot of crevices. Does anyone here have one? Do you like it? How easy is it to wipe down?

I have a home daycare and the kids are messy, so I need something that is easy to clean. I use the highchair so often and will use it for a long period of time, so I like to buy higher end high chairs.

Is there a difference between the Chicco Polly High Chairs and the older ones? Sometimes I can't tell what someone is selling. I thought I remember not liking a friend's Chicco because the tray was so heavy. When I tried one in the store today, the tray was very light.

I've had 2 and I love them! They are kind of a pain to clean but not too bad. I just put DD's away to store for when we decide to have another so I gave it a good deep clean. The cover I have is vinyl so easy to wipe down but I know that some of them are fabric covers, so I would double check which you are looking at cause the fabric ones would be harder to clean since you can't just toss it in the wash. As far as the frame goes, I just filled a bucket with hot soapy water and used a scrub brush and a toothbrush for those hard to reach places.
Also, double check the model # cause there was recently a recall regarding the two knobs on the back legs that hold the tray. Chicco can just send you the part to fix it if you call them.

Carolinadaisy

If you want truly easy to clean, stay away from the Chicco. There are just too many crevices around the tray. I used mine for 2 boys then gave it away. I will buy a different highchair if we decide to have more children. Plus the tray is huge and does not fit in the dishwasher.

It looks very nice, but food can get everywhere. Chair pad isnt machine washable either. I like Chicco for their infant carseat, but not the highchair!

lpperry

I looked up the Bloom and it is too expensive. There is a used on my craigslist for $325.

I am looking for a used high chair for around or under $100.

My favorite is the Graco Blossom 4 in 1 and am currently looking for one of those, but I need another high chair as well.

I really wanted to get the Chicco. It looks like I would like it, other than the cleaning problem. So, is the problem with the tray or the seat? I am not worried as much about the tray or the frame. I thought it was the seat pad that was hard to clean. Is the seat pad easy to wipe down? Can you put it in the washer on handwash?

Mugsmom

A couple of years ago, we considered the Chicco for DS, but I decided to give the Fisher Price high chair a a try. Loved it. It's got 2 weird crevices on the tray that have no apparent purpose (to me anyway) and you kind of have to run water through them to clean them, but otherwise it's an easy to clean chair, and the price is awesome.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Precious-Planet-Blue-Chair/dp/B002RL808Y/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1347828458&sr=8-4&keywords=fisher+price+high+chair"]http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Precious-Planet-Blue-Chair/dp/B002RL808Y/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1347828458&sr=8-4&keywords=fisher+price+high+chair[/ame]

lpperry

There is a Peg Pergo Prima Pappa on my craigslist too, but the reviews say that one is super hard to keep clean. Anyone know about that?

lpperry

That Boon one is the one I looked up and is on our Craigslist. I forgot the name when I was typing about it, I guess. I'll be on the lookout for one, but it is $325 on my craigslist now.

Carolinadaisy

Seat pad is not machine washable. I think directions say surface wipe only. Which makes it a pain to clean with a messy eater. Food alwas managed to get deep into the corner crevices and You have to take the harness out to remove the seat pad.

Then there is a crevice all the way around outside of the tray that I literally had to clean with a toothpick. It was a pain. And the seat pad is just as obnoxious.

Also the part that goes between child's legs so they cannot slide out is attached to the bottom of the tray. Odd design and ours had a bad problem of falling off. Really I would consider a Fisher Price or something with with a machine washable pad.

gigi

lpperry said:
That Boon one is the one I looked up and is on our Craigslist. I forgot the name when I was typing about it, I guess. I'll be on the lookout for one, but it is $325 on my craigslist now.

That is INSANE...I think they are under $250 full price. Sometimes people on craigslist are NUTS. LOL :)

My friend has the fisher price EZCLEAN high chair...it really is nice and would be my second choice to mine. Definitely easy to clean. I think full price they are under $100.

lpperry

Well, you guys talked me out of the Chicco. I am disapointed because there are a ton for $50-$70 around here. I decided to hold out for my favorite seat. I am sure it will pop up on craigslist at some point.

My favorite is the Graco 4-in-1. It has absolutely everything I need. I thought the Chicco might be something else worth trying, but I guess not. I'll also be on the lookout for the Boon.

The Fischer Price ones look easy to clean, but I am also particular about what the seat looks like and I am not a fan of the patterns they have now.

Athena

another vote for the Fisher Price Easy clean.

http://www.fisher-price.com/en_GB/brands/babygear/products/62899

I loved how I could pop off the straps to machine wash and you can buy extra straps really cheap too. We paid about $70 new for ours at Target several years ago (so it might differ some from the current model). There are crevices like any normal high chair, but at least the pad and straps are easy to remove to wash. I think the Boon looks awesome (but it wasn't around then) and I'm not a big fan of traditional high chairs, but for the price, I thought ours was really nice, at least as nice as many more expensive than it. Also, it was very stable. HTH

LifeAtHome

I've been looking at highchairs lately with an emphasis on easy to clean and have narrowed it down to either the Mamas and Papas Pixi or Evenflo Modern 300. Both are about $120, but it seems impossible to find a discount on the Mamas and Papas, so an Evenflo on sale would be a little cheaper. They both are modern styled and seem super easy to clean. They have different features though, there are things I like about both. You might want to look at those too.

LifeAtHome

I've been looking at highchairs lately with an emphasis on easy to clean and have narrowed it down to either the Mamas and Papas Pixi or Evenflo Modern 300. Both are a:eek:bout $120, but it seems impossible to find a discount on the Mamas and Papas, so an Evenflo on sale would be a little cheaper. They both are modern styled and seem super easy to clean. They have different features though, there are things I like about both. You might want to look at those too.

Oops, hit the back button,:eek: how do I delete a duplicate post?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC