Chest clip just broke!!!

adamsmommy

We have a SK Radian that I purchased last year, I think the DOM is 9/06. Well, we just got back from the store and one of the prongs on his chest clip just broke off. Squeezed it to get him out and it just snapped. I am so glad this happened at home! I have no idea what I would have done if we were out somewhere. This is acutally our second Radian. Our first one arrived with a severe crack in the back. My dh is furious.

Has anyone ever had this happen? On any seat?

Has anyone had to deal with SK customer service? I am calling first thing in the morning.

ADS

ThreeBeans

SK Radian CS is a pleasure to deal with IME.

I am snickering about the super-strong wonderful, much adored chest clip. I wonder what Russ will make of that? :whistle:

becca011906

Senior Community Member
heck if it was me i'd see it as a blessing and replace it myself with a britax one! LOL dd is so so much more comfy now that we have doen that, but if it's not bothering the child then may as well let them send you one but what will you do while you wait for it!!! That is what would worry me

adamsmommy

My son doesn't care what seat he sits in. We are so lucky that way.:)

I will just take the Marathon out of my dh's car for now. We also have a Roundabout that he squeezes in.lol

I kinda wish we would have went with the Regent when we go this one though.:(

ccjones

Too bad you don't live near me. I have FOUR Radian chest clips just sitting in a ziploc bag in one of my closets. I replaced the SK clips with Britax clips on my three Radians, and I saved all the hardware from the 4th Radian, which had a crack, before I destroyed it.

I agree with Becca, putting the IMMI chest clips (the ones Britax uses) on the Radian gives my son a little more room around the neck.

ETA: I've had to deal with Russ at SK several times because I bought one of the first Radians manufactured almost two years ago. He's been nothing but a pleasure to deal with! Just remember, SK is on Pacific time!

adamsmommy

Britax chest clips are safe? Cool!! I actually hated the Radian one anyway. I will let them, if the email me back, send me a new one just to have and i will just purchase a Britax one.

Thanks!!:D

ccjones

Yes, Britax chest clips are safe to use. They're actually made by a company called IMMI and branded for a particular carseat manufacturer. SK actually used these IMMI chest clips when they originally crash tested the Radians. I guess they wanted to develop their "own" chest clip, and then repeated the crash testing with the Radians using their own chest clip.

adamsmommy

Yes, Britax chest clips are safe to use. They're actually made by a company called IMMI and branded for a particular carseat manufacturer. SK actually used these IMMI chest clips when they originally crash tested the Radians. I guess they wanted to develop their "own" chest clip, and then repeated the crash testing with the Radians using their own chest clip.

Ordered one!!:D

adamsmommy

Yeah, I emailed him last night. Got an email back first thing this morning.:thumbsup:He said what happened is very strange and unusual and asked if we were pulling too much on it.:confused:

He was nice and didn't ask anything else and just said there is a new one on its way and asked for the DOM and serial # so he could trace it. DOM was actually 10/06 not 9/06 like I thought.

We will use the Britax one, but I wanted to make sure I had an original if I had it down to someone else of sell it. I want to keep my good Britax one.:)

adamsmommy

Oh, not sure if I mentioned this yet, but dh said when he took the seat out, the other side of the clip had a crack in it too.:eek:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC