blog?

LuvBug

I noticed this after the move, but am just now remembering to mention it lol!
When I click on the blog link up top, it takes me to blog.car-seat.org but that page is the same as the forum front page.
Did we do away with the blog?

ADS

ignora

Senior Community Member
Ok, I tried to read a post in the blog (specifically, "Self proclaimed experts" by snowbird25ca). At the bottom it says "continue reading". When I click on that to finish reading the post, I do go to the right place. The only problem is that the sidebar on the left (that shows the poster's info, etc) covers up part of the blog post so that I can't read it. Is it just me... am I doing something wrong?

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Ok, I tried to read a post in the blog (specifically, "Self proclaimed experts" by snowbird25ca). At the bottom it says "continue reading". When I click on that to finish reading the post, I do go to the right place. The only problem is that the sidebar on the left (that shows the poster's info, etc) covers up part of the blog post so that I can't read it. Is it just me... am I doing something wrong?

So far I haven't been able to reproduce this. Does it happen on all blog entries?

ignora

Senior Community Member
I just checked some other blog entries and, yes, it does. It's weird... the blog entry seems to adjust to the center of the page, and the bar on the left is a little too wide and covers up part of the text.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
What is your monitor resolution? Is your browser window sized to fill up the whole screen or is it smaller?

ignora

Senior Community Member
What is your monitor resolution? Is your browser window sized to fill up the whole screen or is it smaller?

It's sized to fill up the screen. The resolution is at 800x600 right now... I hate squinting and the black bars on the sides of the screen when the resolution is higher. I can see everything else on the site just fine...

ignora

Senior Community Member
So, no more thoughts???

I did find a work-around. If I make the page so it's not locked to fill up the entire screen (by hitting the middle button up there on the top right of Windows), then the stat bar on the left somehow goes all the way to the bottom of the page. Then it doesn't block the blog post anymore. If I maximize it to the entire screen again, the stat bar pops back up to where it was and blocks the post.

It's just really weird, but something I can live with since there's a work-around and it's the only part of the site that I've had any trouble with...

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Out of curiousity, try the "Blue Breeze" skin from the style selector at the bottom of the page. Does that work?

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Not really, but it probably narrows it down to your screen width setting. The Blue Breeze is a fixed width style and is a little different in that way than all the other styles.

ignora

Senior Community Member
Ok, well I'll just play around with it then. As long as I CAN read it somehow, I'm cool. Thanks for your help!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC