What would you get? radian or size4me?

kkcoconut

If you could get either one which would it be? My son is small so he will fit both till 4 rfing so that’s not an issue. I like the leg room with the radian but hate tightening the straps on it. I haven’t played with the size4me so I don’t know how I would like it but the leg room seems to be the same as his advocate which I hate trying to have to squeeze him in. I can't decide which one to get. :confused:

ADS

mlohry

I've never used a RA, but I have the S4me and I gotta say, I hate tightening that thing! I am use to Britax seats that are so easy. That might be a deal breaker for turning my DD around FF. She is 3.6 years. Then I can go back to my Britax seat.

kaharris83

I have a Radian and a few S4Mes. I am also hatng the harness on the S4M. The Radian I can keep relatively tight and not adjust when we get him in and put. The S4M isn't easy to do that and the tightening really, really, really stinks RFing.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
If you hate the tightening on the Radian, you will hate the tightening on the S4M more. It will have more leg room than his Advocate, but less than the Radian. (I moved a kid out of an RA50 into the S4M, and a kid out of the S4M into the Radian, and in both cases noticed a marked difference in leg room.) I am not too horribly fussy about seats, but I hate the tightening on the S4M. :(

kkcoconut

Thanks for your help! I drove down to San Diego today from orange county just to try out the Size4me. I'm glad I did because I hated it! I thought the radian was annoying to tighten but the s4m was terrible. I decided to get the radian and glad I did. I was able to get a perfect install in my car and I find it very easy to lift him in and out of it. I still hate the tightening of the harness but if it keeps my son RFing longer it's worth it. Thanks again!

S

SoCalCarSeatMama

Thanks for your help! I drove down to San Diego today from orange county just to try out the Size4me. I'm glad I did because I hated it! I thought the radian was annoying to tighten but the s4m was terrible. I decided to get the radian and glad I did. I was able to get a perfect install in my car and I find it very easy to lift him in and out of it. I still hate the tightening of the harness but if it keeps my son RFing longer it's worth it. Thanks again!

Did you know that there is a BBB in Temecula now? I was just there a month ago to look at the S4M in person. I'm on the border of San Bernardino and Orange County.

kaharris83

Glad to see I'm not alone in my hate for the S4M harness. I have 2 I got for $50 from Target that I keep trying to decide if I should even open. I took one back after trying it and thinking there had to be something wrong with the harness on that one. I posted here and didn't get any replies who agreed the harness stunk.

Glad you like your Radian!! I didn't like the ratchety harness at first but now I don't mind it.

xursusmaritimusx

I don't like the harness either. I was excited to find one and play with it but it doesn't fit our needs. I can't stand the harness tightening method and using it forward facing I felt the crotch strap was way too short. It boasts fitting kids to 70 lbs and with harness heights comparable to the nauti/Argos. I don't know how that will be possible when my 50 lb nearly 6 year old was too big to buckle into the seat! She was sitting almost completely on the crotch strap in the outer most position.

So I wasn't 100% sold on the seat.

I sold it to another user on here :)

cookie123

Well that is disappointing. I liked what I saw of it but didn't play with it. Why can't these car seat people get a seat right just once?
I hated the harness adjuster on the old Britaxes and radians. And you would think Graco could get a crotch strap that works by now.

Kat_Momof3

I would go play with seats. if he's small, you just have so many options and I would go see which one is easiest for you.

Also, I think it depends on your vehicle... because it's a lot easier to load a bigger child over the side of a Radian than the Size 4 me or other seats, but if you have a vehicle where you have plenty of space so he won't be bumping his head all the time, then the seats that have those higher sides and sit up higher aren't going to be an issue.

I'd probably end up going for an evenflo triumph 65 for ease of tightening... you gotta love those knobs (well, not everyone does, but I do)

atw

Kat_Momof3 said:
I would go play with seats. if he's small, you just have so many options and I would go see which one is easiest for you.

Also, I think it depends on your vehicle... because it's a lot easier to load a bigger child over the side of a Radian than the Size 4 me or other seats, but if you have a vehicle where you have plenty of space so he won't be bumping his head all the time, then the seats that have those higher sides and sit up higher aren't going to be an issue.

I'd probably end up going for an evenflo triumph 65 for ease of tightening... you gotta love those knobs (well, not everyone does, but I do)

I too love the EFT for average or smaller kids. I love that the harness tightens from the bottom too. Just works better for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

SignCuer

I have 2 radians and 1 size4me and I would have to say size4me hands down. yes the harness adjuster is pain in the rear but so is the radian. I have gotten used to it and the size4me is actually better than the radian in that area in my opinion. I have a 5 year old riding RFing in it right now and he has more room height wise than the radian right now. he doesn't find the legroom bothersome for him.

kkcoconut

Did you know that there is a BBB in Temecula now? I was just there a month ago to look at the S4M in person. I'm on the border of San Bernardino and Orange County.
Ya I knew there was one in temecula but I am originally from San Diego and my family is still there so it was nice to see them. I love BBB! They have everything! It was my first time going

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC