Monterey belt retraction concern

Carter's Mommy

Hello fabulous helpful people! My 6yo is in a Diono Monterey (and very comfortable and happy in it). Unfortunately, the seat belt doesn't retract on it's own and seems to get caught up on the seat fabric...or perhaps goes through at a weird angle? The belt retracts fine when used w/o a car seat. My son buckles himself in and feeds the shoulder belt back through until tight on his own and doesn't normally lean forward but that doesn't mean he never will. I'm wondering if there's anything I can do to adjust the seat and get it to work properly. Or, is it okay to not feed the belt through the harness slot and just let it slide underneath the headwing?? I can post pictures too if needed.

TIA,

Kristina

ADS

mommabritt

I'm not a tech but I have read this is a common issue with the newer belt guides. I have the same problem with my almost 7yo in his. I think Diono does allow for the belt to be out of the shoulder guide though Im not entirely sure what good the seats doing as a shoulder-belt-positioning booster then.

Brittney, mom to four.... 9, 6, 4, and 11 months!

Carter's Mommy

Yipee! I contacted Diono and they said, "I will be more than happy to send you out a new back that will resolve this issue." We will finally love this seat if they've changed the belt guides!

Mingie

CPST Instructor
Yipee! I contacted Diono and they said, "I will be more than happy to send you out a new back that will resolve this issue." We will finally love this seat if they've changed the belt guides!

Let us know if they changed the belt guides. My Diono Monterey is currently not being used. I love the old belt guides. It won't retract in one vehicle and falls out in the other. Its fine while in use just a pain to buckle up for my oldest dd. :(

Carter's Mommy

Let us know if they changed the belt guides. My Diono Monterey is currently not being used. I love the old belt guides. It won't retract in one vehicle and falls out in the other. Its fine while in use just a pain to buckle up for my oldest dd. :(

Since they said it *will* resolve the issue, I have high hopes that they've actually changed something. Sending me another back that's exactly the same obviously wouldn't help any. I'll be sure to update this thread when it arrives.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC