My first 2x4 install!

cookie123

DD brought her friend over for me to check her car seat today. She had a 2 x 4 where the pool noodle goes. It took all 3 of us to get it out of there it was in so tight. I have to say, it might have been better than a pool noodle!

Anyway, no manual, so a couple of quick questions about the SR 30. When do you go to the longer harness and thigh setting, and crotch strap. Thanks. We moved up the harness from the lowest slot, as they were still behind her shoulders. She's not quite 10 lbs.

ADS

Brianna

:twitch: Well I hope it wouldn't have flown loose in a crash! That's a new one for me.

Switch to the longer harness and hip settings when you need more harness. As long as you can tighten the harness properly on the longer setting there's no need for it to be shortened. For the crotch strap, the manual just says use the one closest to child.

canadiangie

I think Graco is actually specifying now when to switch from newborn loops to infant loops... like when you go from xyz slots to xyz higher slots. My brain is fuzzy, but I thought I read about it here.

I can guess why they're specifying ;), but I just thought I'd mention the change.

Brianna

I think Graco is actually specifying now when to switch from newborn loops to infant loops... like when you go from xyz slots to xyz higher slots. My brain is fuzzy, but I thought I read about it here.

I can guess why they're specifying ;), but I just thought I'd mention the change.

:eek: You're right. Lowest 2 harness slots you're supposed to use the upper loop. The two higher slots you're supposed to use the bottom loop. I double checked and couldn't find anything similar for the waist straps though.

Are they just specifying to take the guesswork out or am I missing something?

canadiangie

:eek: You're right. Lowest 2 harness slots you're supposed to use the upper loop. The two higher slots you're supposed to use the bottom loop. I double checked and couldn't find anything similar for the waist straps though.

I think guesswork. Kind of tying it all together I think. I'm sure they receive a ton of complaints / read reviews, etc from ppl saying the straps are too small. Maybe putting all of the info on one page will help. 'when you do this, do this as well' type thing.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician

I think they are just stating the obvious. The harness won't be long enough to buckle over anything that weighs much more than air if you use the two upper slots with the upper loop, and won't go tight enough on a kid that is the proper height for the bottom slots on the lower loops.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC