Older kids in the My Ride?

love-pink

Id love to know when your older toddlers outgrew the MR Rfing/Ffing. Torso heights and pics would be extremely helpful too! :D

ADS

Sunshine112

My DD is 2years 9 months, about 36" tall and still has at least 3" above her head. The little girl I watch is 3 years 1month, and is VERY tall. She has about an inch and a half of shell over her head and they both ride RF in my car. I will try to take pics today of them in the MR

Brianna

Sorry for poor photo quality. I put the Triumph and MR in my car to see how long he had left in each and he wasn't happy at all about being the MR- he loves his Triumph, but was never unhappy in the MR other than for these pics. And he has this thing where if he has a hood on, it *has* to be up or he has a meltdown.

Clickable thumbnails
J was 29 months here and reached exactly 1" of shell at 30 months. He was 36 pounds and over the 97th percentile for height. Torso height approx 15"

Me trying to show where the top of his head was because it's hard to tell with his hood on. It's a little deceptive as the cover was sticking up over the top of the shell and he just barely had more than 1". I was measuring with a 1" thick book but couldn't get a pic of that.

megan.amarice

My DD is 3y2m and still rear facing in her Myride. She is 38" tall and 35#. She still has an inch of Growing room left over her head. I think she'll outgrow it by 3.5 because her last 2 growth spurts have been all leg. She hasn't grown any in the torso since about March, so I think she's due for some torso growth any time now.

mamajava

Senior Community Member
This was a few years ago, but at the time Bella was 5 years old. About 50-55lbs and maybe 45 inches tall. This wasn't her seat, I just threw her in it to see if she would fit.

Last edited:

Shaunam

Adrian outgrew the My ride around age 5-5 1/2. He was sad, as he found the seat very comfy and would always choose to ride in it if Charlie wasn't with us.

IIRC he would have outgrown it rf'ing around age 3 1/2-4.

adrianmyride.jpg

Brianna

And for reference, here is is FF at 35 months with more room above his head FF than RF. Still 36 pounds, now 39 inches and exactly 15" torso. We just got done at the playground which is why he's so dirty ;) Another clickable thumbnail:

CommMom

Senior Community Member
DS outgrew it RF around 2.5 years old. He's got a super long torso though, so that's why we outgrew early. We still use it FF though and he's now 4 years old.

Amy7707

DS outgrew it RF just under 3. He had about an inch and a half above his head when I moved him to our spare RN

Sent from my DROID using Car-Seat.Org

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
TechnoKid was 4y8m when she outgrew it RF by weight. She had a half inch height room left (so 1.5" shell). It wasn't really used FF so I have no idea when she would have outgrown it FF. She's about 50th percentile height on the WHO charts but has a longer torso than average I'd think (always needs bigger shirts than pants).

Last edited:

featherhead

I put my nephew in mine rear-facing at age 5. He had almost exactly 1 inch of shell left, and was around 39 lbs I believe. My oldest would have outgrown it rear-facing by height around 4 or 4 1/2. My middle child is 3 1/2 and probably has a little bit of height room left (don't have the seat anymore). I never used it forward-facing.

2angels2love

DD out grew it FF at 7 exactly.

DSCN1548.jpg

DS1 was 5 in the pictures and had a tiny bit of FF time in it. He probably would have lasted to 3 in it RFing.

DSCN1554.jpg

DS2 rear faced in it until he was about 1 1/2 and still had tons of time in it. He is one who would probably fit until close to 4.

ETA: sorry the pictures are so huge! I can't figure out how to resize in photobucket...:(

zactayaus

Here are some pics of my then just had turned 3yo ds FF in his MR:

2012-04-17144737.jpg

He was even already on the top slots at just turned 3 but most know he has a monster torso:

2012-04-17145241.jpg

This was the last time he rode in it RF. I believe he was about 2 1/2yo in this pic:

103_0543.jpg

kam1011

I'm shocked at some of the replies! LOL My youngest turned 3 on Monday and hit the 1" mark on the My Ride about a month ago. She's very short, 15% for both height and weight, 35.5" tall, but is all torso. I just moved her to one of our radians, so I don't have the MR installed for a current pic. My 4yo, average build, has the same exact torso height. It's funny how different kids can be, even within the same family.

Pingbns

The LO I ocassionally babsit is 5 yo and fits FF, most likely will make it to about six in it
Sorry no pic though

armywife12

Caleb outgrew it RF at right around his third birthday (height and weight) and only had about .5"-.75" left FF so he probably would have outgrown it shortly before 4. I don't have pics though.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC