install help onboard 35 in 94 Lincoln town car

mburks26

ok so im due to have dd2 Friday this friday our truck is in the shop due to a blow out messing up our bed of the truck and fuel line. Went in Saturday they say 5 days to fix and they have not freaking started on it and we told them we needed it back before Friday due to having a baby. Looks like it wont be back before i go in for c section.

MIL letting us use her 94 non locking seat belt Lincoln town car i hate this car with a passion but i have to get something in here for drs appt for the weeks i can not drive.

I have to fit in the middle as both outboard belts the buckles are on backwards and twisted all to heck and no one will fix them I have tired for 3 hours the other day and couldn't get it done. They dont care and neither does dh but this is the only car available right now. My civic has no ac and its too hot for a newborn even with the windows down its too windy and plus its not starting so its down as well.

The middle is lap only locking latch plate like my civic so I know what I am doing. Leather seats as well. I install its tight but if I keep shaking it loosens if I use both hands on the belt path and push it slides right across the seat. I have flipped the male end over once, I cant flip the female end as there is no webbing to do that. My civic when installing a seat with he lap only I can shake for hours and not loosen. And of course every one thinks its fine just the way it is.

The only other infant seat I have is Graco rear adjust snug ride 22 which I really dislike this seat as well but will use it if I have to.

any thoughts I have had a GN in the middle and it was just fine.

ADS

mburks26

crap its tight and staying
but the angle looks to upright the ball is in the green but close to the more up right orange line
see pics
2012-09-11_12-34-00_169.jpg

2012-09-11_12-32-28_588.jpg

2012-09-11_12-31-37_212.jpg

2012-09-11_12-30-37_286.jpg

2012-09-11_12-30-28_971.jpg

Brianna

Attempting to shake it loose is not part of checking for tightness ;)

If it is moving more than 1" when you're initially checking, try unbuckling the belt and tightening it a smidge more then rebuckling.

mburks26

Attempting to shake it loose is not part of checking for tightness ;)

If it is moving more than 1" when you're initially checking, try unbuckling the belt and tightening it a smidge more then rebuckling.

it would losen after a few pulls and i could just shove it over with one hard shove
I unbuckled it tightened it and had to put my knee in the base to get it to re buckle and that is all good now but what about the angel.

This sucks having to do do this 39 weeks prego and as big as a house

Brianna

The angle of the seat belt in relation to the locking latch plate is fine. It would loosen if it were right against the edge of the belt path, but it's pulled straight now so it's fine.

How hard are you pulling to get it to loosen?

mburks26

The angle of the seat belt in relation to the locking latch plate is fine. It would loosen if it were right against the edge of the belt path, but it's pulled straight now so it's fine.

How hard are you pulling to get it to loosen?

I got it tight now its not loosening even when I tried to shove it over like it was before.

I meant the angel of the seat itself for a newborn too me it looks way to upright but the ball is in the green

mburks26

:eek: You can try to get it more reclined if you want to, but baby should be okay at that angle.

ok ill leave it the way it is hopefully all will be fine. I so don't want to be trying to fix it right after surgery,and really dont need to be doing anything right now so I dont go into labor with out anyone home.
Hopefully we can get our truck back before the 1st drs appt and who ever drives me to it can just take my truck its more reclined but still in the green and not a pita to get it tight.

Thanks

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC