Question re: Graco serial number

cookie123

Does anyone know, does the serial number include the year manufactured? The seat in question is a front adjust Snugride and the DOM has been scratched off.

It's JJ200712050263.

TIA!

ADS

Brianna

Interesting... I notice 20071205 which could either be May or December of 2007- can you find the molded expiration date and see how that compares?

cookie123

Graco didn't answer my question regarding if that number translates to the date of manufacture, but they did say the car seat expires 12/31/13.

Brianna

Hmm, so that is 6 years after 2007- still don't know if it would correspond to the month and date though. If somebody doesn't beat me to it, I'll compare a Graco serial # with DOM probably tonight.

rachelandtyke

I didn't think month and day mattered so much for expiration with Graco seats since expiration is Dec. 31 of the 6th year after DOM. So if the 1205 is 12/05 or 05/12, the expiration would be the same.

Kat_Momof3

good eye... that is probably your DOM... otherwise, if I need to order parts and I want a different cover, I'll bring up that seat's serial number and make up a realistic dom to get it to bring up those parts as able to be ordered.

crunchierthanthou

I didn't think month and day mattered so much for expiration with Graco seats since expiration is Dec. 31 of the 6th year after DOM. So if the 1205 is 12/05 or 05/12, the expiration would be the same.

Right, 07 is 07. They use December dating. The plastic should be molded with "do not use after December 2013". IIRC, it's on the back side of the seat near the harness adjuster (under where the baby's feet would be, but you have to turn it over to see).

ETA: I'm quite sure that is the DOM, and I believe it would be December. Chicco puts day before month (as is the European convention), but most US companies use year/month/day.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
ETA: I'm quite sure that is the DOM, and I believe it would be December. Chicco puts day before month (as is the European convention), but most US companies use year/month/day.

When year is first, it's typically year-month-day, no matter where you're located. Can't say I've ever seen year-day-month. When the year is not first, most countries use day-month-year while the U.S. uses month-day-year. Canada uses both day-month-year and month-day-year. The latter I find is often on the receipts and paperwork from stores that are U.S. chains and have come here. Banks and such use the former as do the universities in my province. I'd think that was typical for post-secondary schools across Canada but I can't be certain.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC