Car Seat ID Bugging Me

BabyGearCollector

OK...now I know one of you sharp eyed Car Seat group members knows the answer. On a TV commercial of recent months there was a car seat shown that I thought was styled kind of neat like a sports car seat. At least from the couple brief appearances in the commercial it looked sporty to me. I can't recall whether the commercial was for the car itself or something else like car insurance. Anyway, the family was apparently riding to some school play or similar function. The rider in the car seat was a little girl dressed in pink (ballerina outfit?) and they all got out at the school(?) in the end. The car seat was basically black with some white trim lines. The commercial showed regular seats being slid forward and backward inside the car as everyone entered and exited, so that's why I was thinking the car was the subject being sold. Did anyone catch the ad and what brand of child car seat was shown? It's just one of those baby gear questions that has me bugged until I find the answer. I really thought it was a pretty cool looking seat. ;) Thanks for your help in ID-ing it.

Dave

ADS

BabyGearCollector

This seat doesn't look sporty to me, nor is the girl wearing a ballerina outfit- but are you possibly thinking of the series of Infiniti JX commercials? There were several, 3 in this thread http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=221456

Thank you, Brianna!!:) That's it! The one that shows up in the first post, though I clicked to start it and received a private video message. Does anyone recognize the car seat brand the little girl wearing a tutu was riding in? I didn't see the name in the thread anywhere unless I missed it.

Dave

Brianna

In post 13 you can pause at 33 seconds for a better look. It looks like some sort of Dorel combination or 3 in 1 seat, I can't tell which one though.

tam_shops

I want a car that hits the brakes before i do, then my neck wouldn't hurt right now. Just saying.

I'll pass on that Dorel seat though! LOL

tam

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Well, now we have some insight into the mind of the props guy who bought the seat :love:
Sometimes I forget that I look at a seat on TV and think, 'oh barf, a Dorel agaiiiiiin?', and totally miss the aesthetic that would attract someone to it (if not the decent price point down at the local big box store where they probably went shopping for it, and the fact that probably everyone on the film crew has one or more of them and swears they are awesome) :eek:

BabyGearCollector

In post 13 you can pause at 33 seconds for a better look. It looks like some sort of Dorel combination or 3 in 1 seat, I can't tell which one though.

Now see, I saw that commercial too, and didn't catch the fact the car seats used in the two different ads were one and the same. Shows how observant I can be.:rolleyes:

Good eye on that seat! The couple quick glimpses I saw made me think it was a high tech booster seat designed something like a sports or racing car seat. Had no idea it would turn out to be an ordinary everyday Eddie Bauer, albeit a "Deluxe" model high back EB. From the comments I've seen on this thread I take it the Eddie Bauers aren't the most sought after seats by car seat connoisseurs.;)

Dave

Brianna

Not so much. It's just another Dorel brand without great limits and a generally poor booster fit.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC