Traveling Toddler vs Go-Go Babyz Luggage Strap?

T4K

Seems there is another Traveling Toddler type device on the market. I'm ordering today...anyone have input on the Go-Go Babyz brand? I'm opposed to it based on spelling alone; however, I'm trying to keep an open mind.

I see many favorable reviews for the Traveling Toddler so if I don't hear differently, that's what I'll get!

ADS

creideamh

I chose the Go Go one over the TT just because I don't have to use the LATCH straps. I loop it through the FF belt path, ratchet it shut to the suitcase or stroller (instead of bungee cords), then when going through x-ray/installing, take off the seat, ratchet the strap back closed and leave it hooked through the belt path.

I've never had DD ride in the seat whilst hooked onto the suitcase, though. But it's pretty heavy-duty plastic with a metal buckle so I don't think it would break.

Eclipsepearl

Do you want to attach it to a rolly bag or do you want to pull the car seat and let the toddler ride in it when tired?

Honestly, a metal, foldable luggage cart works just as well, or better than the Gogo Travelmate, often at half or even less, the price. The Gogo is basically an overpriced luggage cart, like you can find at any luggage shop or Kmart-type store.

Use an extra bungee or the LATCH straps to secure it. Get one with a metal base. Plastic bases like those on the Gogo tend to break so get something more secure. Mine's lasted over 20 years and many car seats!

Other plus; you can use it for other purposes. I used mine a lot when moving or rearranging furniture.

The problem with anything that attaches to a rolly bag is that if you can't stow your rolly bag on board, it might get gate-checked and sent to luggage claim, which means carrying your car seat. Rolly bags are hard to stow on flights because there's just not enough room, especially on airlines that charge for bags and passengers, avoiding the fees, take everything on board.

I wouldn't have a toddler ride in a car seat attached to a rolly bag but it works great with a luggage cart.

T4K

Eclipsepearl said:
Do you want to attach it to a rolly bag or do you want to pull the car seat and let the toddler ride in it when tired?

Honestly, a metal, foldable luggage cart works just as well, or better than the Gogo Travelmate, often at half or even less, the price. The Gogo is basically an overpriced luggage cart, like you can find at any luggage shop or Kmart-type store.

Use an extra bungee or the LATCH straps to secure it. Get one with a metal base. Plastic bases like those on the Gogo tend to break so get something more secure. Mine's lasted over 20 years and many car seats!

Other plus; you can use it for other purposes. I used mine a lot when moving or rearranging furniture.

The problem with anything that attaches to a rolly bag is that if you can't stow your rolly bag on board, it might get gate-checked and sent to luggage claim, which means carrying your car seat. Rolly bags are hard to stow on flights because there's just not enough room, especially on airlines that charge for bags and passengers, avoiding the fees, take everything on board.

I wouldn't have a toddler ride in a car seat attached to a rolly bag but it works great with a luggage cart.

I haven't flown a bunch in the last year but from 2009-2011 I flew at least twice a month (less after N was born). I had my fair share of flying. I never had a gate checked bag end up at baggage claim. It is something to consider but I'm not too worried. If the worst case is that I carry a carseat, I won't be stressed. I'm flying with my husband so one of us can wear toddler while the other carries the seat. No biggie. It's a quick weekend trip and not a transatlantic flight. :)

Yes, I plan on attaching the seat to a rolly bag. Both of us will have one so another luggage cart doesn't seem appealing.

T4K

jmenole said:
Oh sorry, didn't realize they even had anything other than the cart (so I thought that's what you were talking about). :eek:

Me either! I love NBD and would snag that if I needed it!

Eclipsepearl

I haven't flown a bunch in the last year but from 2009-2011 I flew at least twice a month (less after N was born). I had my fair share of flying. I never had a gate checked bag end up at baggage claim. It is something to consider but I'm not too worried. If the worst case is that I carry a carseat, I won't be stressed. I'm flying with my husband so one of us can wear toddler while the other carries the seat. No biggie. It's a quick weekend trip and not a transatlantic flight. :)

Yes, I plan on attaching the seat to a rolly bag. Both of us will have one so another luggage cart doesn't seem appealing.

Two rolly bags! Good luck stowing all that. Then you also have a diaper bag?? Be sure one rolly is "ready" to be checked. We had to do that SO many times. Just because it hasn't happened, doesn't mean that it can't so don't have your computer or other non-checkable items in the one that gets the boot.

I'm used to long haul flights (10+ hours plus connections) alone so I only take on board what me and my children need.

T4K

We will have 2 roller bags and a backpack that can be stowed under our seat. I rarely check luggage and definitely won't for a one-night trip!

I'm confident we will be able to handle any situation that could happen. If our bags end up at baggage claim, then so be it. I don't stress about flying and what happens will happen.

Eclipsepearl

The point is to have one bag "ready" in case you can't find room for it. Can't tell you how many passengers panic and start scrambling through their bags for their laptop or anything else they don't want checked. Worse, we send it to the door and they realize something inside...

It's not about "handling" anything, it's just a tip to make life easier on you, the crew and your fellow passengers. Just seen it tooooo many times!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC