Please help me think this through...

MomToMyMonkeys

(Cross-posted on Diaperswappers as well)

Okay, I'm pregnant with our 6th child, and I'm trying to figure out where to put everyone in our new 2012 Odyssey.

Here are the ages/sizes of kids:

newborn (I'm sure she'll be tiny, just like my other NBs...5-6ish pounds)
will be 19 months- currently 16 months, 19 pounds and short (I think about 28 inches)
will be 3.5yrs- currently 24 pounds and short (about 32 inches)
will be almost 8yrs- 48 pounds and about 43 inches
will be almost 9yrs- 53 pounds and about 44 inches
will be 14.5yrs- about 105 pounds and 5-steps everywhere

Okay, carseats to work with (just randomly listing what we own)

Baby Trend Flex-Lock
Britax Marathon Classic
Britax Marathon 3G
Combi Cocorro
Radian 65
Radian 80
Cosco Scenera
Frontier 85
2 Graco Turboboosters
Evenflo Maestro
**I am totally willing to buy something else if needed to make this work. I have been looking at latch-able boosters for the bigger kids for ease of use, but not sure if that will help at this point.**

Right now I have the 1yr old in the RF Marathon 2nd row drivers side, the 3yr old in the Cocorro FF 2nd row center, and the 7 and 8 yr olds in the 3rd row in the 2 TBs. The 14 year old sits in the passenger side 2nd row when he is with us (not often, as his schedule is totally different from mine and the little kids).

Where should I put everyone once the new baby arrives, and what seats should I try? I have major pregnancy brain and I just can't seem to wrap my head around what will work best....

Thanks in advance!!

ADS

knlrachel

I don't have an answer as I am struggling with a similar puzzle only with 5 kiddos under 6 soon. My preggo brain can't seem to figure out where/how to put kids in. Then start trying to figure out where tether anchors are and oh my. I'm sure a CPST on here will be a lot more helpful than I am right now :)

canadiangie

"newborn (I'm sure she'll be tiny, just like my other NBs...5-6ish pounds)
will be 19 months- currently 16 months, 19 pounds and short (I think about 28 inches)
will be 3.5yrs- currently 24 pounds and short (about 32 inches)
will be almost 8yrs- 48 pounds and about 43 inches
will be almost 9yrs- 53 pounds and about 44 inches
will be 14.5yrs- about 105 pounds and 5-steps everywhere"

2nd row driver: 19mo, Radian 65
2nd row middle: newborn, Cocorro or BabyTrend
2nd row passenger: 9yo, TB; easily moved out of the way for 3rd row access.

3rd row driver: 8yo, TB
3rd row middle: 3.5yo, Radian 80 or Marathon if having a seat sit higher makes buckling the TB easier.
3rd row passenger: 14yo, adult seatbelt, or you can always bump your 9yo's TB into this spot if your 14yo isn't with you. That leaves your 2nd row passenger seat empty for easy access to the 3rd row.

I think that's everyone, right?? :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC