How much longer RFing?

kkcoconut

We have a britax advocate 70cs and I want to be able to rf my son till he's 4. He's going be turning 2 this month and is about 25lbs fully dressed and his seated height is 12 inches. Do you think we would be able to make it 2 more years rear facing?

Last edited:
ADS

Stelvis

Best thing to do is post a picture from the side of the top of his head in relation to the seat back.

momtotwogirls

Most kids do not make it rf to 4 in the britax seat(not saying none do). Both my kids outgrew them between 2-2 1/2yr rf.

you could post a pic though

MandiRN

It's really hard to know. If your kiddo grows like mine did, then they'll have leg growth and then torso growth, back and forth. That combined with the Advocate having a shorter shell, I would guess making it to 4 would be unlikely.

S

SoCalCarSeatMama

My dd is 21mo and has a 12" torso too. She has 5.5" above her head in my new gen Roundabout. If she stays on the growth pattern she's been on since birth she will make it to 4yo rf in it. My middle child who has always been in the 90th percentile would have made it to 3y8m rf in the new gen seats.

21mo 31" tall, 19" seated height, 12" torso
photo-3.JPG

3y7m, 38lbs, 40.5", 14.5" torso, 22" sitting height. In this photo he has 1.5" of shell above his head.
2012-02-21%252009.21.42.jpg

hrice

I think you will make it to 3 and likely past. I wouldn't have high hopes to make it to 4 though.

jjordan

I'd say you have a fighting chance of making it to age 4, or if not all the way to 4, probably very close. It looks like maybe 3" of torso growth before he is to the height limit, and if he grows somewhat evenly that's about 6" of overall growth. According to the CDC growth charts, an average boy will grow about 6" between age 2 and age 4.

tiggercat

I give it about a 50/50 chance. Initially, my thought was no, but he looks short in the body so maybe.

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

S

SoCalCarSeatMama

Can you see them now?

Yes, they're there now :)

I see about 4" above his head, so 3" of growing room. It all depends on how he grows in the next two years. My middle son hit a huge growth spurt in his torso between 3 and 4. He outgrew our Roundabout at 3y8m and then went on to outgrow the Radian rf at 3y10, both by height! You should easily get to 3-3.5......4 stands a chance but it is just soo hard to predict an individual child's growth.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC