Question about the Boost Air

momtoo3

I picked up a Boost Air on clearance for $25 a few months ago for my nephew (turned 5 in July.) He is tiny and still fit into the Chase my BIL had borrowed from me but the Chase expired. Anyways, we can't get the headrest to stay up when you move it up a click or 2 on the back. It says "pull here to adjust" or something like that on the tab you use to adjust it but when you push it in, it doesn't stay. When you hit a bump the headrest drops back to the lowest position. Right now my nephew needs 1-2 clicks up, the lowest position has the seatbelt coming from exactly even with his shoulder. Should I contact Safety 1st? Is this how the Boost Air is or is the seat defective? I am pretty sure it was just over 90 days ago that I bought it so I can't return it to the store.

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Have you tried really connecting the nubby part into the hole? (yeah, that's really technical, I know, lol). I've noticed I have to adjust my daycare kid's seat here and there, but only after his mom has taken it out of the car by the headrest. Ah...a picture, but it's pretty bad... https://picasaweb.google.com/104971...hkey=Gv1sRgCJ-XweDvxcD-VA#5604773729048416386
I can't draw lines on it, but that big circle part pulls away from the seat, then raise or lower the headrest to the nubby part on the 'spine' that you need and then really push that round part hard onto it so it stays.

(and yeah, if you are working it in pretty well and it's still falling, call Dorel and see what they can do to fix it for you, I think they should try to help).

momtoo3

Thank you! I used too much rep today or I would rep you, I'll try tomorrow. I will be seeing my nephew Sunday and will try pushing it harder. Otherwise I will call Safety 1st on Monday.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC