Would you buy one?

love-pink

Dd2 in the MR uninstalled. If it was your child would you buy one? I measured her torso this morning it was 13 3/4. Sitting in the seat it looks taller?

27E39907-73FD-4851-8D54-FBE7844B8A51-1053-00000083B304E7AE.jpg

BB082D2F-F03A-4DC1-A84F-7D6245ECCEC2-1053-00000083CC9B64E9.jpg

ADS

MoreLatte

Are you wanting it to ERF? I personally don't like the size of the seat, it's just big and bulky to me. If you want it to RF, it looks like she'll have some time in it. For FF? I think there are better options.

love-pink

It would be for both rfing and ffing. Do you think its even worth getting for rfing? To me she looks like shes almost outgrown it rfing... Im terrible about estimating how long she has left though. The angle of the pic is terrible too, our wm now ties the seats down to the shelves :thumbsdown:

Spam

You also usually gain room with installing the MR. I'm guessing if it was installed, and she was all buckled up and settled in, she'd have a couple of inches. I :love: the MR, it's deffinately on of my favorite rfing seats, but I also like it forward just because of how comfy it looks, it's really good for sleeping.

MoreLatte

You've had a MR before haven't you? Did you like it? If so, then go for it:) it does look like she has a few inches and like PP said, she'll gain a little when installed. Have you looked at the S4M? That might be a better option.

love-pink

MoreLatte said:
You've had a MR before haven't you? Did you like it? If so, then go for it:) it does look like she has a few inches and like PP said, she'll gain a little when installed. Have you looked at the S4M? That might be a better option.

A few actually... Lol. Not sure why I get rid of them as its one of my favorite seats ever! I think my OCD about having stuff laying around the house gets the best of me ;) I also get paranoid about her outgrowing things ridiculously fast.

I've been eyeing the s4m but it's a little out of my price range, wider at the base (I need to 3 across in a sedan w/ 2 hbb's) and members are saying it will likely not work well with angled headrests, which I have 3 non adjustable/removable ones.

Maybe I just need confirmation it's okay to buy something I do not need at all... It's okay to purchase seats simply because they are cute, comfy and have 2 cup holders.... Right??

jess71903

Ambassador
A few actually... Lol. Not sure why I get rid of them as its one of my favorite seats ever! I think my OCD about having stuff laying around the house gets the best of me ;) I also get paranoid about her outgrowing things ridiculously fast.

I've been eyeing the s4m but it's a little out of my price range, wider at the base (I need to 3 across in a sedan w/ 2 hbb's) and members are saying it will likely not work well with angled headrests, which I have 3 non adjustable/removable ones.

Maybe I just need confirmation it's okay to buy something I do not need at all... It's okay to purchase seats simply because they are cute, comfy and have 2 cup holders.... Right??

Absolutely!

MoreLatte

love-pink said:

See, I'm the opposite- I hang onto crap because I'm afraid I'll regret getting rid of it! Lol. I have my BJCE up for sale and if I think about it too much I start to feel sick. I need to remind myself that it's replaceable!

That's a bummer on the headrests, but you could always just use it for RF then buy something else later. Ugh. Never mind- you need something narrower, duh.

If you love the MR, then do it:)

NannyMom

The My Ride is a tricky seat. I remember this from when it first came out. Sit the child in the seat in store all you want, but it won't help. Kids gain room when the seat is installed and they are buckled into it. I believe we even found that being installed in a real car vs a BRU test bench made a difference.

love-pink

Thought Id add a few pictures of dd in the MR installed :) I really like it :love: I think its just an all around nice seat!

RFing room -
D7BDDA1E-1087-4B42-82F2-0771C1F3717E-1664-000000F65C599D82.jpg

8BDB02FC-5AE2-4582-9D1A-7C56728C115E-1664-000000F6499935AB.jpg

C88C2094-941E-479E-BBE3-18B57D9FD65E-1664-000000F63212995A.jpg

FFing room -
22A062C5-BC12-4436-82C0-845F80995CEA-1664-000000F66E897119.jpg

2F9AD619-517F-4DDE-945F-492DF0D0D94A-1664-000000F6630BBFD2.jpg

2082389C-ACC1-4641-A09A-B2EE9260DF25-1664-000000F66952D5CC.jpg

It puzzles well with the Amp HBB both RFing and FFing, loads of room to buckle the boosters. ;)

love-pink

Brianna said:
What a cutie :) Thanks for sharing the pics. I like that cover with your boosters too!

Thank you ;) I was afraid I wouldn't like how it looked with the black boosters. My car interior is black & tan so it kinda all works together.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
She's such a cutie! I think you've got a good amount of time -- probably a couple of years in each direction. Maybe two RF and two-three FF, unless she's a lightening-fast grower? By then your middle kids should easily be in backlesses full-time (maybe even seatbelt only for your second, can't recall how old they are anymore? 5 and 6? 6 and 7?) and you can trade the MR out for the Frontier or another combo seat. I would totally buy it, the MR is my favorite RF seat though, so that colors my opinion some lol.

The MR is such a phantom seat, since it always gains room in the car AND it always tends to look like it has less room than the tape measure says. I think some of it is the white piping, my eyes want to make it the 1" line and it's just not!

V

VanIsleMommy

the myride is always a bit misleading when eyeballing the amount of room left. I panicked and bought DS a new seat thinking "omg he is almost at 1" of shell!" but actually a few months later, he actually had 2.5" left...:rolleyes: I sat him in the seat the other day and at almost 4 he could still fit in that seat. darnit!

he actually has asked for his "comfy seat" back a few times. it's his all time favorite seat. the only reason I don't have him in it is because it's easier to climb into the radian although when he turns FF he's going back in the myride because he has a large head and gets head slump.

your DD looks adorable :love: and I totally think that cupholders and covers is a totally reasonable excuse ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC