Four years of rear-facing!

Little Ps Mama

Just had to share my pride in my accomplishment!

My oldest turned four on Tuesday and is still rear-facing. :) Four sounded so extreme and unattainable when my original goal for ERF was two and I was still learning about the benefits of rear-facing. Now we are here and my new goal is maxing out the RXT! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

ADS

2angels2love

Two was my goal too, and now DS is there and he still seems way too young to turn around. I'm going to go as long as we can, hopefully four! Way to go. :)

tiggercat

Little Ps Mama said:
Pic! :)

(Head wings are high for pic purposes. :) )

Wow! He has a ton of room!
My little guy (3 years 2 months) is getting tall in his radian, I hope to make it to 4.

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

Little Ps Mama

He's always been 50th percentile for height but I think he's all legs with a shorter torso like me. :)

He was 40" and 35.5 lbs at his well child visit in September I I recall correctly.

tiggercat

Little Ps Mama said:
He's always been 50th percentile for height but I think he's all legs with a shorter torso like me. :)

He was 40" and 35.5 lbs at his well child visit in September I I recall correctly.

So he is both taller and heavier than my Sam, but yet has substantially more growth room! Sam has a long body, short little legs, lol.
(wings a bit low in this pic, he keeps pulling the darn things down)
ETA, anyone want to tell me how much growth room they see in my pic? I want to go by the 1.5 inch rules per Diono.

Last edited:

Little Ps Mama

tiggercat said:
So he is both taller and heavier than my Sam, but yet has substantially more growth room! Sam has a long body, short little legs, lol.

Luck of the car seat draw! My other son has a long torso and short legs. ;)

cm_nghs1

Wahoo what a great milestone to hit :)
How long do you think he'll last?

My son is 39.5 lbs/41" at 42 months.. I soo want ot make it to 4 in his RXT!

V

VanIsleMommy

that's awesome!! way to go! :thumbsup: he has a ton of room heightwise lucky!!

my ds is 41" and 41 pounds (when he's not doing the "I want mcdonalds or nothing" starvation diet....) :rolleyes: but will probably outgrow the height after winter. one last winter (4 months of cold rain...) and hopefully spring (our rainy season...) is all i want!

tiggercat

Little Ps Mama said:
Luck of the car seat draw! My other son has a long torso and short legs. ;)

Yeah, this is my "little" kid, I am thrilled he is still rearfacing! My others had to forward face much earlier and it always bothered me. I am a wee bit concerned that he might outgrow the Radian altogether when I have to turn it FF, though. No going over the top harness slots up here.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC