In Search Of CHEAP infant seat

MorgieBear'sMama

I am looking for a very inexpensive infant seat with lock offs for my neighbors.

Soon to be mama is deaf, daddy stays home with her and his elderly father and does odd jobs when he can. Their car is an 80's model Oldsmobile maybe early 90's.

Baby is due in December so there is no hurry and the seat only needs to last a few months.

ETA: Found out today baby is a girl. Any color or pattern will do.

Last edited:
ADS

SignCuer

I have a Chicco KeyFit30 but it doesn't have lockoffs though. I don't need it anymore so I'm willing to let it go at minimal price.

NannyMom

SignCuer said:
I have a Chicco KeyFit30 but it doesn't have lockoffs though. I don't need it anymore so I'm willing to let it go at minimal price.

How does a Keyfit not have lockoffs?

SignCuer

Does it have lockoffs? :eek:... I didn't think so.. unless those orangey thingies when I put the shoulder belt underneath are called a lockoff, then I'm a dolt.

Cryssy Jane

SignCuer said:
Does it have lockoffs? :eek:... I didn't think so.. unless those orangey thingies when I put the shoulder belt underneath are called a lockoff, then I'm a dolt.

Yep those orange things are lockoffs ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

jjordan

I have a Compass I420 with two bases that expires in May. Free for shipping (from western NY). Shipping might be prohibitive as it is quite heavy. Let me know.

MorgieBear'sMama

jjordan said:
I have a Compass I420 with two bases that expires in May. Free for shipping (from western NY). Shipping might be prohibitive as it is quite heavy. Let me know.

Can you check shipping to 31566? It would get them through the winter.

Actually they only have one car, so would only need one base.

wnkw

MorgieBear'sMama said:
That may be too far out of their price range. What are you asking?

Not sure open to all offers. I don't even have a clue what shipping would be. We don't need it as I went ahead and bought a new one since we didn't have time to get the piece in the mail.

Aurezalia

I have an Extreme KF30 that expires in April. I can let go of it for $40 shipped? :) That might be too much, and that's okay.

jjordan

Can you check shipping to 31566? It would get them through the winter.

Actually they only have one car, so would only need one base.

I don't have a box, so I can't calculate an exact price (the post office website wants to know the dimensions of the box). But the numbers I used as an estimate give me about $17, so maybe somewhere in that neighborhood?

ETA: I changed parts of my estimate a little and got a vastly different number. I'll try to get something more accurate!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC