Peg Perego Primo Viaggio SIP 5-70 vs. Maxi Cosi Pria

kaydove

I'm liking the technology of the air protect in the Pria but also like the Primo Viaggo SIP rear facing to 45 lbs.

What would you choose? Talk to me about the pros and cons of each from people who have installed them. Thanks so much!

ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I realize that, but you can't use all the harness heights for RFing, just the first 7. So if your kiddo is on the short side, I would go with the peg.

CuddlyMonsters

We have the Peg Convertible and my son who is 3 years old and >80th percentile in both height and weight can still fit RF in this seat. He probably won't make it much beyond 3. This seat installs very easily. Other things we like about the seat are that it is very well made, has nice padding and very breathable material so the baby does not sweat. It has a nice amount of leg room. It measures about 28" at the widest point for front to back space (so my husband who is 6'2" can drive with the seat all the way back)...

I do not know much about the Pria as I do not own one, but I do know that they are a Dorel seat which can be tricky to install on some seats as they are very particular about the angle in which it needs to install...

HTH.

kaydove

I realize that, but you can't use all the harness heights for RFing, just the first 7. So if your kiddo is on the short side, I would go with the peg.

Oh okay, thanks for explaining that. My daughter is 95th percentile for height, so this might not be the best seat for her.

fyrfightermomma

Here's my two year old. He's 38" and 32 lbs. wears a 3t shirt

View attachment 18040

He still has numerous positions for rfing left. He will fit a long time Installation in my car with latch took under 30 seconds. Seatbelt was a bit more difficult but still under 2 min. Straps don't twist, crotch buckle is never stuck under him and plenty of leg room. Also very easy to load even in a smaller car despite the base

Last edited:

gigi

Isn't the Pria limited to 40"? If so, I would choose the Peg unless the child has a very long torso or huge head. It has about the same interior RF height as a Radian, so it is certainly very tall.

CuddlyMonsters

gigi said:
Isn't the Pria limited to 40"? If so, I would choose the Peg unless the child has a very long torso or huge head. It has about the same interior RF height as a Radian, so it is certainly very tall.

Yes from my understanding the Pria can only RF up to 40lbs.

Also you are correct about the interior RF height as being the same as a Radian. We also have a Radian RXT. The Radian is nice in different ways than the Peg Convertible. We like both seats for different reasons. They are in two different cars for us. LoL.

kaydove

I was thinking that the Air Protect technology in the Pria is desirable, especially with the SIP. What do you think of the Air protect?

kaydove

She's 95th percentile for height and 97th percentile for head, 75th for weight at 6 months - she's 27.5 inches tall at 6 months. I'll measure her torso, not sure if its longer than average.

CuddlyMonsters

It is just with your childs height and weight being >70 and >90, I would go with the Peg Perego Convertible between the two seats. You will be able to RF longer.

Also the SIP is on the Peg Convertible too.

gigi

With a giant head I'd probably choose a Radian because a head could outgrow the headrest on the Peg before straps could move up. I would not choose a Pria for a tall baby because of the height restriction.

kaydove

With a giant head I'd probably choose a Radian because a head could outgrow the headrest on the Peg before straps could move up. I would not choose a Pria for a tall baby because of the height restriction.

Any thoughts on how the Radian would fit in a PT Cruiser?

Thanks so much for all the help!

CuddlyMonsters

My friend has a PT Cruiser, I am not sure how tall you are... He is really tall and drives with the seat all the way pushed back. He had a hard time getting my Radian installed in there as there was not enough front to back room. I do not have an angle adjuster, so he did not try that. He was able to get the Peg to fit as it takes up less front to back space, however I think they ended up getting a MyRide.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC