did the foonfs ship yet?

jenfrogmom

Anyone get one or have one on the way? I don't want to order one until I hear a little more feedback. I got to see one but, we were not really allowed to touch it. :(

ADS

caritas

I've played with one and installed it in my car and put my almost 2 year old in it. Any specific questions that can be answered without having used it on a regular basis yet?

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Your weren't allowed to touch it? I have seen it twice. Once with Chris, and once with Vera. I played with it in cars both times. I didn't get to install with version 1.

jenfrogmom

Vera was upset because someone supposedly dropped it when she left the room, and it was damaged. Then a guy from another group (we were in groups for training) picked it up by the headrest and she basically asked that people not touch it. It was quite uncomfortable. I really wanted to purchase one but, I am not quite sure now. We won't have any local to us so I don't want to buy something and not love it.

Last edited:

jenfrogmom

That all being said, I realize people have bad days but, I am a volunteer, I pay for my own training, hotel stay, food, gas ect. Primarily to see the foonf at the conference, and I did see it, just not touch it.

Maggie

I don't remember someone dropping it? I just remember she came back after a break and was upset that a piece by the headrest was broke and she's have to take the headrest off to fix it. Sounded like it had happened before.

But yes, during my group time with her, she spent about 10 seconds talking about it, told us to try to install it forward facing, then walked away to go up to the computer and projector in the front of the room. When she came back, one of the guys in the group picked it up off the test seat by the headrest and was asked to basically put it down and not touch it anymore.

She then picked up the rear facing base and anti rebound bar, told us these are for rear facing. Set them down and pretty much turned away from us. It was very akward. It wasn't time for us to switch to the next group yet, so we all stood there unsure of what to do.

On another note, Tony, from Recaro (was with The First Years) was amazing! Allowed us to basically take the seats apart, answered any and every question we had. Super friendly.

Jessica61624

jenfrogmom said:
Vera was upset because someone supposedly dropped it when she left the room, and it was damaged. Then a guy from another group (we were in groups for training) picked it up by the headrest and she basically asked that people not touch it. It was quite uncomfortable. I really wanted to purchase one but, I am not quite sure now.

Uh I don't know that I want a seat so fragile.

jenfrogmom

As for specific questions, how does it install? Is out easy to install rear facing with seatbelt? Latch?

Last edited:

hope41more

Vera took the time to talk to JUST my husband and I for an hour at a shop in Ann Arbor a month ago. She showed us EVERY feature it had in detail, and did a test install in my car. She was very helpful. Keep in mind the seat at the show may have been checked several times in flights, and a large conference can be especially stressful when you are the spokesman for the IT seat of the day.

crunchierthanthou

Jessica61624 said:
Uh I don't know that I want a seat so fragile.

Prototypes/demo models are made from a different grade of plastic. I'd expect production models to be as robust as the other Clek seats.

I saw Vera today. She said they're still expected to ship by the end of this month.

I'm surprised your training sessions were so hands off. We had one in July where she went over every inch of it. Of course, there were only 3 techs there. She was in-store today, and allowing people to play with and install it.

Eta: there will be even a few more changes on the final version. The rf lock-offs are being redesigned, there will be two more little tabs to define the rf beltpath, and HUGS-like harness pads (the old style, not like G3, as I understood it).

jenfrogmom

I don't think the seat is fragile. I know it travels a lot and is a prototype. If it did get dropped, it certainly could break just like any seat could or would.

I will check into the threads. Thanks!

As for the hands off part, I am not sure what that was all about. Oh well. Can't change it now. I guess I was just surprised, maybe a bit disappointed...

I am more than likely still going to buy one. I know I could get Myles to 4 in that seat no problem.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC