Favorite mirror for RF?

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I start a new nanny job tomorrow, watching a 2.5yo. Mom & Dad are fine with me giving RF a shot, but asked that I use a mirror. They offered up one that they had in the basement that has "light and sound and stuff," but I explained about projectiles etc so I need to find one that is reasonably safe. Obviously no mirror at all is the best option but I would prefer a 2.5yo RF with a lightweight mirror than FF without. ;)

I saw one at Target by Brica that seemed okay, are there any others out there that people love?

ADS

msg221

I have that Brica one and liked it very much. No longer using it now that the kids are all FF except Chase, but I'm okay not using it with him since Ethan is back there with him and could tell me if anything was wrong.

jacqui276

Do the Brica and Safety 1st ones stay in place well once attached?

I have this one: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Sesame-Street-Backseat-Safety-Mirror/dp/B001QXCF44"]Amazon.com: Sesame Street Backseat Safety Mirror: Baby[/ame]
It irritates me. It moves REALLY easily so I am constantly having to adjust it and it is so small that DS's face just fills the entire mirror if positioned exactly (until someone slightly bumps it or the straps that hold it on magically loosen slightly and it slips down so that all I can see are his toes)... :thumbsdown:

oliviacw

We have the Brica mirror. It's tricky to use in my older car without adjustable headrests in the back seat, but works great when you do have the ability to wrap it around the headrest.

BuckeyeMom

We have 3 of the Brica mirror- I believe it is the "Baby in Sight Mega Mirror"- and we love it. It seems really secure and there are different methods for attaching it depending on the style of your backseat. We use it in a Jeep Grand Cherokee, a Chevy Impala, and a Kia minivan.

daniele_ut

I have the Brica mirror in my van. It wraps around the headrest and then clips to a ring on the mirror.

jacqui276

After reading this thread I replaced my horrible Elmo mirror with a Brica one and love it. I can see my entire baby instead of just most of his face (or his foot if I happened to go over a bump and the mirror shifted).

I believe the Brica ones can be installed without a headrest. There are instructions on the packaging (threw mine out though so am not 100% sure how they attach without a head rest).

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I picked up the Brica Baby-In-Sight, thanks all. It's a little harder than I would like, but I feel okay with it, especially for a toddler. (I might be a bit more squeamish with a n00b.) I really love being able to see him... :eek: I've always had big kids back there before to give a report and never used a mirror before! I do feel okay about its attachment, it might not stop it from flying totally, but I think it would slow it down enough to not cause grave injury.

thtr4me

I have an older Eddie Bauer one (sans animals). It is okay in the day, but not good at night at all. I have tinted windows and a built in sunshade, so even in day, my back seat is dark and it is hard to see my kiddo.

Cryssy Jane

we have the brica mega mirrors as well. I put them in the third row so that my rf'ers can see the dvd player on longer drives, plus the baby is in the back and I need to glance occasionally to make sure she's doing ok. I find with adjustable headrests they are great. In my car I have two build in non-adjustable headrests outboard and nothing center. I cannot get it to attach firmly without sliding all over. Even following the directions I still can't get it secure, so we just don't need it. Now that I have a FFer though, he enjoys telling me what the rf kids are doing in the car so I don't really need a mirror there.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC