Regent Sale?

Avery'sMama

CPST Instructor
I swear I remember hearing that one of two Britax's authorized sale times was in August? We are about to buy a Regent after much discussion/thought and I would hate to pay full price today to have it go on sale next week! I need it by the Tuesday after Labor Day when DD starts preschool and grandma starts driving her :) So, what's the word? Sale or no? Did I miss it? Thanks!

ADS

chickenman

authorized sale times, never heard of such a thing, maybe its in sept after the abc show or something, but never heard of them giving a break to retailers to then pass on to consumers

Avery'sMama

CPST Instructor
Ack! I HAVE to have another seat by Sept. 10th at the outside. I am going to miss a $70 off sale by 7 days???

MomtoLE

My ears have perked up! A Britax sale?? I love the word sale!

Just as long as Lucy hovers under 40 lbs, I'll wait till mid Sept!

cheerbop

Oh--I hope this is tue and will happen again this year! I am wanting a Regent, alhtough I am NOT liking the covers. I would like to put my 3 1/2 yo in a Regent. Since I don't like the covers, should I wait to see what they offer NEXT year? He is in a MA, so there is no big hurry I guess.
I just wanted to move him to the Regent and move the baby to the MA and then his RA to my hubby's car.
Input?

I will def. be keeping my eyes open for this sale.

Morganthe

Check with some of the retailers around you, many honor sales that occur within 14 days of your original purchase. They'll refund the difference. Lowes, Target, and some small chains do. I have no clue about where you're planning on buying this.

The other not-so-proud thing you could do, is purchase the Regent you need now. Then when or if there is a sale, purchase a completely identical seat and then return it on your first higher priced receipt.

good luck :)

Synchro246

And don't forget to search for a Sale code if you're buying on line. Target almost always seems to have a 10% off code floating around :thumbsup:

mom2boys

If anyone does see a Britax sale in Sept., please post it here. I will keep looking, but between my sister's wedding and my son's surgery, I may miss it. But, I look at these boards every other day. :)

Morganthe

Oh--I hope this is tue and will happen again this year! I am wanting a Regent, alhtough I am NOT liking the covers. I would like to put my 3 1/2 yo in a Regent. Since I don't like the covers, should I wait to see what they offer NEXT year? He is in a MA, so there is no big hurry I guess.

I got off the phone with Britax about an hour ago for a completely nonrelated issue of sale. (sorry, I should have remembered :p )

But I asked the question about new Regent covers before we stopped talking. Oct-Nov, Britax is bringing out 3 new seats for the Regent. She's positive that one's a 'Great one for a boy", 1 for a girl & 1 neutral.
About 6 months down the line, they should be available for individual purchase.

So here's hoping :thumbsup:

crunchierthanthou

I just searched my gmail and I ordered a RA from Target September 10 of last year. It was on sale, had free shipping and I had a 10% off code. I remember the MA's were on sale, too.

Connor's Mom

Oct-Nov, Britax is bringing out 3 new seats for the Regent. She's positive that one's a 'Great one for a boy", 1 for a girl & 1 neutral.
About 6 months down the line, they should be available for individual purchase.

O' then let's hope that that ugly brown one that Dana was saying was the new "boy cover" is the neutral one! And, I want to know why the girls get all the cover choices? We moms of boys gatta put them in seats too! :cool:

elle7715

O' then let's hope that that ugly brown one that Dana was saying was the new "boy cover" is the neutral one! And, I want to know why the girls get all the cover choices? We moms of boys gatta put them in seats too! :cool:

I hope so too! That brown one was UUG-LY! Maybe the new girl cover is the Shannon one? That would be great :love:. Or maybe the boy cover is the All Star Blue? Of course I'm acting like we're actually in the market for one, but we will be eventually.

Britax Car Seats are have individual serial numbers. Buying a seat and then returning a later seat for a refund could get you in trouble (i.e., stiff surcharges or complete denial of the return with shipping charges applied to you). Of course this all depends upon the store policy, but I think that all bets would be off if you are caught in attempted fraud. :twocents:

Connor's Mom

Britax Car Seats are have individual serial numbers. Buying a seat and then returning a later seat for a refund could get you in trouble (i.e., stiff surcharges or complete denial of the return with shipping charges applied to you). Of course this all depends upon the store policy, but I think that all bets would be off if you are caught in attempted fraud. :twocents:

Yes the seats have different serial numbers but, I have NEVER had a store write down the serial number down when I bought a seat. Can't you imagine the amount of extra work that would cause as far as writing it down, keeping track of the numbers and then comparing the numbers if there is a return?

Morganthe

Yes the seats have different serial numbers but, I have NEVER had a store write down the serial number down when I bought a seat. Can't you imagine the amount of extra work that would cause as far as writing it down, keeping track of the numbers and then comparing the numbers if there is a return?

If it's through a major chain retailer such as BRU or Target, the barcode on the box is what really matters on returns. It's what's in the computer for inventory stock and they're all the same if it's the same exact item.

Avery'sMama

CPST Instructor
I think we have figured out how to wait for the sales. Just a litle extra switching seats for a couple days over two weeks. Worth waiting for, IMO! I could never buy one and return another. I am too honest/law aibiding :) I would worry about getting into trouble! I'm just glad to finally have decided what we are doing, I've been debating for MONTHS.

mom2boys

Yeah, girls do seem to get all the cute covers. The only Britax covers I have ever liked for boys are the all star sports. Let's hope it is that one for the boys, in a bright blue or red or green color. Don't any of these designers have boys????

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Regent? Sale? I wouldn't hold my breath, guys...those things sell so well there's none sitting in stock to have to lure people into buying! Now, an ugy regal boulevard, THAT's on sale!
just find a free shipping source, or buy through your upromise or ebates account. Now, of course I could be wrong, but basic economics is on my side :cool: (maybe find a store that will give you a refund if it goes on sale within the next week or month or whatever, just in case?)
They'll tempt us (I HOPE tempt, not repulse) with new covers at the ABC Kids Expo in September :love:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC