Question Is my Nautilus tether faulty?

tracee877

So today I go to remove my Nauti from dh's truck for the first time to wash the cover and the tether would not loosen. I tried everything and it would not budge. I almost had to cut the strap but was able to twist the seat backwards to create just enough slack to unclasp it from the anchor. Has anyone ever had this happen? Now that I have it in the house I have tried and tried to loosen it and it won't budge. There is nothing inside that could be stuck there. The Dom is 10/2011 and I attached a pic of what it looks like. Does anyone have any insight?

(sorry for the huge pic :eek: )
FF4C2271-5392-4EB1-AFF3-C8ED5D1F9D7F-1434-000001AC0440995E.jpg

ADS

Brianna

I have an Argos tether that is very hard to loosen. You have to press the button in just the right amount and pull at just the right angle. If it's just the two of us, I'd love to know.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
mine are that way. I've found you HAVE to be able to put some slack in it, in order to be able to get it to loosen. So like, when I have to undo mine, I literally get in the seat and push down with all my might (plus my 200+ pounds) which allows a tiny bit of slack in the seat, and then and only then can I get the darn thing to actually loosen. Sometimes I have to get dh to help.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Could it have gotten dust or such in it? I'd check the manual for cleaning instructions, if there aren't any I'd call Graco and ask what they recommend. I'd that doesn't fix it I'd call Graco.

tracee877

Thanks. I used to have another Nauti, an older one with a different adjuster and it wasn't hard to loosen at all. Now my problem is I can't get it loosened to reinstall it.:mad:

PikkuMyy

A friend of mine has one of the newer Nautiluses. I was playing musical car seats in the 3rd row of her '12 Grand Caravan one day and I had a *really* tough time loosening the LATCH and tether. Not fun.

If it's not budging uninstalled, I'd assume something isn't right and call Graco.

lovemybabies924

my graco myride latch strap is the same way in my van..its TERRRRRRIBLE to loosen..so i use seat belt....maybe its just the adjusters they use? too bad there is no alternative for a tether lol

featherhead

I had a MyRide which I sold to a lady. She showed up at one of our checks and the one latch strap buckle was completely stuck. The strap wasn't twisted or anything, the strap just would not loosen or tighten, no matter how hard we tugged on it. Graco sent her a new strap, and we cut the old one off. Not sure if you can replace the tether though.

tracee877

Well I FINALLY got the thing loosened and reinstalled it. The adjuster on the latch strap is the exact same and I never have problems with it. I guess I just won't be moving this seat around too much.:rolleyes:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC