talk to me about the secure kid 300 / 400

ADS

cookie123

I have the 400. Very easy to install as it has Sure latch. The harness is continuous and Matt messes it up pretty easily. The cover is better on the 300, IMO. Mine is ugly!

Last edited:

cpsaddict

I have the 400 and really like it. The install is a breeze and the harness tightens very easily. I normally hate continuous harnesses, but this one doesn't bother me. It's also very easy to clean. My only complaint is head slump. It's pretty bad, especially compared to the Frontier. The biggest reason for it, is that there is a lot of padding in the headrest and then the cover padding goes up under the headrest cover, rather than under the headrest structure, if that makes sense.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
If it weren't for the horrid head slump, I'd of loved it. But it was so bad I sold it and took a MAJOR loss after just a couple of uses. I couldn't get that thing out of here fast enough. :(

henrietta

We have a 300. I love the seat. My son loves the seat. He says it's very comfortable, but he might say that anyway, b/c his has a lot of red on it! ;)

My complaints are that the shoulder harness straps are almost too close together and there's no harness covers. And it is not a great seatbelt install in my van..and I suspect it wouldn't be in a few others as well.

Re: seatbelt installs-
It does have a decently high belt path, which is usually good. But in the third row of my van, the buckle stalks are LONG. Even twisted 3 complete turns, the buckle is all the way up on the seat--in fact, where the shoulder belt runs thru the male end of the buckle, it touches the belt path and it prevents the belt from being pulled tighter. So, if it isn't tight enough already, you're SOL. In the second row captains chairs, the belt stalks are fixed and very short, so no problem w/the seatbelts themselves. It's the geometry. Instead, the backs of the captains chairs are really cushy and concave-enough so that again, the belt can't be tightened as easily. I do think if I had seatbelts that manually locked at the retractor instead of lightweight locking latchplates, it wouldn't be a huge problem. Unfortunately, I have '97 Chrysler Town and Country. You can't get the belt tight enough b/c it gets stuck in the latchplate with the weird angle. I'm going to try a locking clip. It's almost a safe install, but just not quite meeting the mark for me. If I weren't a CPST or hadn't been on here for years, I wouldn't suggest this seat to someone w/an older Chrysler/Dodge vehicle.

hths

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC