Question What cover is this?

mamakc

Saw this this morn. I have never seen an all green tf! What cover is this? Anyone know?

2012-09-04082656.jpg

-Krista
DD~5.5~ FF Radian xtsl/HBturbo/monterey
DS~3.5~ FF MyRide/Maestro
DN~2~ RF Coccoro

ADS

Spam

where did you see that? lol packers fan? I don't think there has ever been a green tf cover, not all green anyways. There isn't a compass or first years logo on it, so maybe someone who is really good at sewing made it?

lovemy2kidstw

Spam said:
where did you see that? lol packers fan? I don't think there has ever been a green tf cover, not all green anyways. There isn't a compass or first years logo on it, so maybe someone who is really good at sewing made it?

That's what I was thinking. There aren't any airbag warning stickers either.

mamakc

Baylor said:
Um it's ugly. It looks like a barqolounger from the 70's

auto correct hates me

Lol I thought so too, but I was excited to see color.

I didnt notice the lack of stickers. But wow that is the best fitting after market cover i've ever seen. Somebody is very good at sewing.

-Krista
DN~2~ RF Coccoro

Baylor

mamakc said:
Lol I thought so too, but I was excited to see color.

I didnt notice the lack of stickers. But wow that is the best fitting after market cover i've ever seen. Somebody is very good at sewing.

-Krista
DN~2~ RF Coccoro

That's for sure. Looking at it close up it almost looks factory made. Its really detailed.

auto correct hates me

mamakc

Now that I'm thinking about it, there was a nauti in the car next to me at this same place with a pink minky cover that caught my eye. I'm guessing it belongs to the same family. A + for car seat choices. D- for aftermarket covers (the bonus points for such nicely made covers kept them out of the fail range) :)

-Krista
DN~2~ RF Coccoro

Kat_Momof3

that does not look official... not just the absense of labels, but those metal "buttons" on the foot end make me think it's not. it's a VERY WELL FITTED aftermarket cover, and if it's the same thickness and treated with the stuff they put on carseat covers, then I wouldn't worry about it as much as I do other aftermarket covers... but the rule-follower in me just says... no.

why is it so reclined for a kid in the top slots? And is that an extra back support of some kind sitting in the seat... it looks like it because it's overlaping where the flap meets the rest of the cover... is that a twin to any included cushion that normally comes with that seat?

If you can, I'd actually (no confrontation or anything) ask them where they got it just because it does look THAT GOOD.

mamakc

Kat_Momof3 said:
that does not look official... not just the absense of labels, but those metal "buttons" on the foot end make me think it's not. it's a VERY WELL FITTED aftermarket cover, and if it's the same thickness and treated with the stuff they put on carseat covers, then I wouldn't worry about it as much as I do other aftermarket covers... but the rule-follower in me just says... no.

why is it so reclined for a kid in the top slots? And is that an extra back support of some kind sitting in the seat... it looks like it because it's overlaping where the flap meets the rest of the cover... is that a twin to any included cushion that normally comes with that seat?

If you can, I'd actually (no confrontation or anything) ask them where they got it just because it does look THAT GOOD.

I can't ask. Without giving away too many unnecessary details, this was at the entry to a daycare that I have no need to ever go back to. I dont know who's seat it was.

That said, my niece uses a true fit and the flap on the back is to access the belt path I think and hers has snaps at the bottom too. Those two details are what made me think it might be a real cover.

Obviously not an approved cover, but jeesh I can't believe how well made it is. I definitely would have asked where they got it if I could have.

-Krista
DN~2~ RF Coccoro

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I wonder if it's a prototype cover someone got their hands on. I think it looks like the Incredible Hulk.

christineka

Thought I'd mention, according to my tfp manual, the seat can be reclined while ffing, so it is not misuse according to the manual.

There was a real prototype green cover at one of the shows, but I think it was green and black and fuzzy.

Joyofbirth

My dd3 would LOVE that cover. She wants a beckett Nauti cause green is her favorite, but she really loves her true fit. She would be over the moon for a green true fit. Especially all green.

jacqui276

DH would LOVE that cover. We have the TFP for his car and he likes green everything (he is stuck with the black/red cover though).

Whoever made that did a good job.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC