Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus UlrikeDG's Avatar

Exclamation Photos of your kid(s)

Just your friendly neighborhood reminder that this is a very public forum. While we try our best to keep it a safe place to post, it is possible for anyone to see pictures you post here, so don't post anything you don't want everyone to see.

If you receive a strange request or a private message that makes you uncomfortable, you can report it to the site administrator. To report a post, just click the symbol in the upper right-hand corner of the post. To report a PM, you can simply click, "Forward," at the bottom of the message and then enter "Admin" into the "Recipient Username" field.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled car seat discussion.
    Ulrike, mom to:
    Roman (3/98), Evalina (3/00), Nadia (3/03), and Kira (11/07)

See an inappropriate post? Don't reply to it; report it!
    Thanks for your help in keeping this a safe, SPAM-free zone!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Photos of your kid(s)

I agree with Ulrike. I think it is great that we are able to post photos and go back to edit posts and remove pics when we fell like it. It would also be nice if other posters, when quoting a person with a picture would take the photo out of the quote before posting so that the original poster can go back when they feel like it and remove their pic. Also when the photo is again in the quote it can make posts really long and big and harder to read all the posts since you have to scroll past all the photos you just
    saw . . . I have just noticed a lot in some recent threads.

Senior Community Member MySillyKids's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    I agree with Ulrike. I think it is great that we are able to post photos and go back to edit posts and remove pics when we fell like it. It would also be nice if other posters, when quoting a person with a picture would take the photo out of the quote before posting so that the original poster can go back when they feel like it and remove their pic. Also when the photo is again in the quote it can make posts really long and big and harder to read all the posts since you have to scroll past all the photos you just

(notice i took out your pics? ROFL )

Quote Originally Posted by MySillyBoys View Post

(notice i took out your pics? ROFL )
    Sure did, thanks You also pm'd me.

I wasn't saying this too you, I was just saying it in general as i've noticed it happening a fair bit lately. Luckily for me you are on here frequently and got the pm and fixed it for me but if it was someone who is on for a bit and then off for a while it could have taken forever for them to remove it.

Senior Community Member MySillyKids's Avatar

Sure did, thanks You also pm'd me.

I wasn't saying this too you, I was just saying it in general as i've noticed it happening a fair bit lately. Luckily for me you are on here frequently and got the pm and fixed it for me but if it was someone who is on for a bit and then off for a while it could have taken forever for them to remove it.
    no no, i meant the smilies. LOL

so true - good point!
    Bonnie, Mum to a (38lb) 3 year old rear-facing in a Brio Zento (Black)
    and a (40lb) 4 1/2 year old in a Booster in New Zealand.

Admin - CPS Technician

While we prefer not to edit other people's posts, I thought I'd remind you that the moderators also can edit posts. So, if a picture of yours is in someone else's post and you need it removed, please pm a moderator or send an alert for the post (which sends an email to all of the moderators for that forum).

Also, although you can remove pictures, I believe that they may remain archived in some search engines. You may be better off including a link to photo, rather than the photo itself. Someone else will have to help me with the specifics on search engines though.

I know that when I'd asked to have a post edited---the unedited version remained accessible by google for a bit.
    apparently, people put stuff here.
    imagine:
    photos of my extremely adorable spawn.
    their stats and a
    witty quote.

posted from my computer using the internet...
    Super SEEEEKRIT stuff here.

Also, if you keep the photos on a 3rd party service (like Photobucket), you can move, delete, or password protect the photos on that service and have all the instances of them here disappear.
    Ulrike, mom to:

I personally wish that people would not quote the picture portion of another person's post. I think that it is bad webiquette. It takes up too much space and why have the same picture posted multiple times?
    Peggy, RN-Critical Care and Emergency Medicine, CPST and Mommy to Connor (2/05) in a Graco Highback TurboBooster with Safety Surround

Pictures should only be "quoted" if they're necessary to make the reply clearer. In a case where a person has posted a series of pictures, for example, someone might one to "quote" a specific one in their reply so that everyone knows which picture he/she is talking about.

Rule of thumb: quote as little as is absolutely necessary. It is rarely necessary to quote an entire post in its entirety.
    Ulrike, mom to:

Moderator - CPS Technician safeinthecar's Avatar

* raising hand and looking guilty*

Uhmmm, I have quoted pictures here, but only because I just recently figured out I could delete them. Now if I could only figure out how to post them I wouldn't be quite AS MUCH of a dork.

Kimberly

Admin - CPS Technician joolsplus3's Avatar

Same here, I'm so hopeless (click on the paperclip to post...)

Quote Originally Posted by safeinthecar@mac.com View Post
    * raising hand and looking guilty*

Uhmmm, I have quoted pictures here, but only because I just recently figured out I could delete them. Now if I could only figure out how to post them I wouldn't be quite AS MUCH of a dork.

Kimberly
    Julie
    CPST since 2003, pu"R"ple since 2008, three kids growing too fast since 1997, 1999 and 2006

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good

Moderator - CPS Technician safeinthecar's Avatar

Paperclip????

Kimberly

When you start a new post or reply in "advanced" mode, one of the icons above the text window looks like this: . Click that to post an attachment like a photo. It will tell you the allowed file types and the maximum file size.

Personally, I just use Photobucket. It's free and easier for me.
    Ulrike, mom to:

Could this be made into a sticky post?
    apparently, people put stuff here.
    imagine:
    photos of my extremely adorable spawn.
    their stats and a
    witty quote.

posted from my computer using the internet...
    Super SEEEEKRIT stuff here.

Senior Community Member scatterbunny's Avatar

Done.
    ~Jenny

"When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people." ~Abraham Joshua Hesche

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus Jeanum's Avatar

Thanks for making it a sticky.
    Regards,
    Jean

DD1 Age 15, 66" Driver's Ed
    DD2 Age 12, 64" 5 steps

Click here if you wish to view the full size version of my avatar

New here and I too just realised that I could quote a post but then needed to delete the photos.. I didn't even realize the photos were being quoted, I think that's a webmaster glitch.. I used to be one so I should know...lol..Anyway the way it should work (needs some proper coding on the webmasters part here to fix.) is that someone can quote the post, but only the text part can be quoted....To be honest...I've never seen this before where a post can be quoted with photos from OP still in tack... Whoever is the webmaster for this website can fix this very easily and they need to do so asap... This is not a normal practice...
    Thanks...

PS: I also emailed the webmaster here of this suggestion... hopefully they will fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by UlrikeDG View Post
    Pictures should only be "quoted" if they're necessary to make the reply clearer. In a case where a person has posted a series of pictures, for example, someone might one to "quote" a specific one in their reply so that everyone knows which picture he/she is talking about.

Rule of thumb: quote as little as is absolutely necessary. It is rarely necessary to quote an entire post in its entirety.

Quote Originally Posted by jwren View Post
    New here and I too just realised that I could quote a post but then needed to delete the photos.. I didn't even realize the photos were being quoted, I think that's a webmaster glitch.. I used to be one so I should know...lol..Anyway the way it should work (needs some proper coding on the webmasters part here to fix.) is that someone can quote the post, but only the text part can be quoted....To be honest...I've never seen this before where a post can be quoted with photos from OP still in tack... Whoever is the webmaster for this website can fix this very easily and they need to do so asap... This is not a normal practice...
    Thanks...

PS: I also emailed the webmaster here of this suggestion... hopefully they will fix it.
    I think you'll find that it's this way because it's especially useful when posters are trying to get help with the installation of their seat.
    Bonnie, Mum to a (38lb) 3 year old rear-facing in a Brio Zento (Black)
    and a (40lb) 4 1/2 year old in a Booster in New Zealand.