After market top tether for the Sienna?

cookie123

We did car seat switch it up:)

I'm so hot and sweaty. My hair is dripping wet, and I hit my head on the bike rack adjusting the harness height for Matt and got a cut on my forehead. Lol!

The big kids are both in low back boosters now.:eek: Brett's shoulders were slightly above the top belt guide in the GN. Hannah was on the top one in the Monterey with a little room left. She almost 5 steps. She needs just a little more length in the thighs. Matthew moved to the back as he had no top tether in the position he was in. He's now in the SecureKid 400. There's not a lot of harness length left. He's on the second to the top slots.

Does anyone know if they can put a top tether in the 04 or 05 Sienna for the passenger side captain's seat? There's one on the floor for the on the driver's side only for some reason. I should make a thread for that.

I'm going to trash the Radian. The harness is frayed and even though Sunshine Kids said it was okay, I'm not okay with it. I'm just sorry it took so long for me to switch it out. The harness isn't replaceable on this model.

Sadly Matthew told me he has a booster in his dad's car now. I gave him strict instructions. It is a high back, so that's a bit better. But Matthew can't sit still, so I'll worry.

Sorry for the book!

ADS

cookie123

Is it possible for the either 04 or 05 Sienna to get a top tether? It would be the passenger side captain's chair.

Baylor

No answer to your questions but I did the same thing yesterday. Cleaned the car arranged the seats for school. Ds1 is in lbb( GN) middle bench and ds2 middle back bench.

I broke all my nails was sweating like crazy and am done moving seats til spring!!!

auto correct hates me

spokaneCPST

CPST Instructor
Is it possibly a 2003? That year only had LATCH on the driver's side (according to the LATCH manual at least). In that case, you most likely cannot get an aftermarket tether anchor from Toyota, but possibly could get a heavy duty tether anchor from EZon products

cookie123

Well I'm not positive. It has the older rounded body style. There's latch on the floor behind the drivers side captains chair and latch bar in the seat. The other seat has nothing.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Re: We did car seat switch it up:)

A carseat workout for sure, and ouch on the cut. Hope it heals up quickly. An '04 or '05 Toyota Sienna should have factory equipped top tether anchors located on the lower back of each of the second row captain's chairs and for the third row center and third row passenger's side.:confused: Is it possibly an earlier model year than 2004?

crunchierthanthou

Well I'm not positive. It has the older rounded body style. There's latch on the floor behind the drivers side captains chair and latch bar in the seat. The other seat has nothing.

01-03 didn't have LATCH 2nd row passenger side. The new body style (and 5 full LATCH positions) came out in 2004. I'm not certain about whether there's a tether anchor in that position. The LATCH manual doesn't say either way, but it does say 3 total TAs for the vehicle.

Since it came with some, I expect Toyota won't add any. You'll likely have to go with EZ-on, and possibly use a mechanic to find an appropriate place to drill.

cookie123

No answer to your questions but I did the same thing yesterday. Cleaned the car arranged the seats for school. Ds1 is in lbb( GN) middle bench and ds2 middle back bench.

I broke all my nails was sweating like crazy and am done moving seats til spring!!!

auto correct hates me

I only got one owie on my hand! DD was telling the kids to be glad we were doing it now and not when it was freezing out!

cookie123

DH thinks it may be a 2001. I don't know where I got the idea it was newer.
There is also top tethers outboard on the rear bench and one of the spots - I THINK it's the passenger side, has lower latch.

They can make it work the way it is with Matt in the back. But dd prefers the big kids in back and she would like the baby behind the driver when it arrives, taking the only middle top tether spot.

Matt might be out of a harness in a year. Lol, he tried convince me to let him have the spare Monterey!

I looked at the links. Thanks. I'll ask dd if she wants to do that. She doesn't like the top tether between Brett's legs and probably will feel the same way about it between Hannah's. I guess I wasn't thinking that of course that is where it would go.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC