When did your kids outgrow New Gen Britax convertibles

lovemy2kidstw

All of these other 'when did your kid outgrow ____ seat' got me to wondering. When did your kid outgrow the new generation Britax convertibles? DS is 23 mo & is only has 2 clicks left for FF. He is right at the click he is on now, so it will need to be moved pretty soon.

ADS

abigaylebelle

My 5.5 year old is even with the third click from the top. The top position is up by his ears so I think he has a long time before outgrowing it. His torso is 13" now and I think at 2 it was more like 10.75-11"? So he hasn't grown a ton of body length in that time.

S

SoCalCarSeatMama

My 7yo still fits in the new gen seats (well except the RA55 because he is 48.5" tall, though he still has room above his shoulders to the top slot). He has a 16.5" torso.

603547_328542500566164_678388975_n.jpg

As far as rear facing, my youngest son made it to 3y8m in my RA55 by height. He was 3y7m, 38lbs, 40.5", 14.5" torso, 22" sitting height in this photo.(and then two months later outgrew his Radian by height too!) My 21mo dd still has 6" above her head in it.

2012-02-21%252009.21.42.jpg

Last edited:

Stelvis

I think DS is pretty close, torso wise, depending on how he would gain or lose height with install. He just turned 4. He outgrew it RF before age 2. DD will likely outgrow it RF before 2 as well. I'm talking about the BLVD70 here.

tiggercat

My just turned 3 year old was pretty close by harness height last time I tried him. He RF's in a Radian on the second to top slot, so I guess it isn't surprising. He is only 38-39 inches, but mostly torso. He has the shortest little legs, lol.

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

jenfrogmom

My 2.5 year old has about three inches above his head. My 3.5 year old niece has about 1.5" above her head.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
My son had outgrown them already when they were released in Canada. He was a few months shy of 4yrs old at the time.

thtr4me

My 6yo still fits in the BLVD FFing at the top slot. He is 45" and 40lbs:
DSC_8105.jpg

DSC_8103.jpg

And my 19mo has plenty of room to grow RFing:
DSC_8152-1.jpg

DSC_8148.jpg

bnsnyde

My daughter RF to age 3.5 in the Advocate. She had room left but we moved her to a Radian RF. It was really hard to tell if she had much room left so I figured just move her.

My son could not FF in these seats from age 5 and up...too tall.

armywife12

My son sat in one at 4.5yrs old and was just at the top slots when sitting in the living room so I would guess that he'd be too big for it when installed

cpsaddict

DD is 3.5 and has maybe an inch of grow room forward facing, but she just had a torso growth spurt. She is 42" tall overall, wearing 6/7 shirts and 5 pants. DS is SHORT and is only 2 clicks from the bottom at 13mths.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC