sure latch

tmahanes

Just have to say this feature is extremely cool! ! ! !

Just got the Secure kid 400 and it might be the easiest install ever. Took about 30 seconds total in my sequoia. Decided on this seat for easy install for DCP. It absolutely rocks!

ADS

tmahanes

It is so cool! ! This is a seat I will be installing almost every day so i needed easy!

Seems like it would be a great grandparents seat because you just lean on it and it its tight!

However the manual uses two fingers to check for harness tightness. Very strange! And I can't find if there is a specific spot for the head wings to be in when using the harness.

kam1011

Well, the harness straps have to be at or above the child's shoulders and then the headrest goes to the next click above the harness slots. The headrest is not allowed to cover up part of the harness.

2BunniesMommy

That's the seat I am planning to get for MIL's car for DD2 and that is why! I need it to be as easy as possible for her. I was thinking I'd give her the original Frontier so I'd have an excuse to get an 85, but there is no way she could install that beast and she even has trouble getting the straps tight. I look forward to playing with the sure latch!

tmahanes

kam1011 said:
Well, the harness straps have to be at or above the child's shoulders and then the headrest goes to the next click above the harness slots. The headrest is not allowed to cover up part of the harness.

That is what i did but i thought it was strange that it wasn't in there.

Kat_Momof3

probably because they think everyone will be like us and use common sense... lol.

I do think that (when it works with the vehicle... every vehicle is different) feature makes it PERFECT for a seat that you have to move a lot.

Could you update your signature so I'm not picturing him forward facing that small?

tmahanes

Kat_Momof3 said:
Could you update your signature so I'm not picturing him forward facing that small?

I can when I am on the computer again. I almost exclusively use my phone. That pic was a long time ago. He is 30 months, almost 36 inches and 34 lbs. He if RF in mine and DH's car but I needed something easy to install daily for our new DCP because it will not be left in her car.

Kat_Momof3

I can when I am on the computer again. I almost exclusively use my phone. That pic was a long time ago. He is 30 months, almost 36 inches and 34 lbs. He if RF in mine and DH's car but I needed something easy to install daily for our new DCP because it will not be left in her car.

:D I know, but the pic makes me think of him that way... lol... I did look at his stats, so I know he's definitely old enough to ff :D

cookie123

I love Sure Latch, too. I have the SK400. I did find it almost doesn't get tight enough when I put it in a car where the latch bars aren't as buried as they are in my Prius. I can't recall if it was our Jetta or not.:)

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I despise sure latch. And also the infinite harness, and the knob to tighten. Evenflo seats don't do much for me!

tmahanes

I tried it in my Sequoia and it was awesome.

DCP has an explorer so I am hoping it is that easy in hers!

Mine does not have a knob to tighten the harness..... Just the pull strap. And i don't know what an infinite harness is but this has a splitter plate like my Radians.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I despise sure latch. And also the infinite harness, and the knob to tighten. Evenflo seats don't do much for me!

Have you seen the Secure Kid 400? The SL really works on it. Knobs are only on the Triumph, most Evenflos have front adjust harnesses that slide like butter. And it has slots for the harness.

hrice

monica-m said:
The SecureKid 400 is one of my all time favorite seats because of the SureLATCH.

Yes! The sureLATCH on this seat is awesome. It has guides on the sides that position the connectors perfectly. You just click, click, apply weight in the seat, attach top tether, remove tether slack....and done!

emandbri

I LOVE the sure latch! Might get an Evenflo for the kids I watch since I would be installing it often.

Right now both toddlers are in classic marathons, both are 28 lbs seats go to 33 and 35. I have one radian to use when they near the weight limit.

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Have you seen the Secure Kid 400? The SL really works on it. Knobs are only on the Triumph, most Evenflos have front adjust harnesses that slide like butter. And it has slots for the harness.

I haven't seen a SecureKid in person yet. I know the other features aren't on this particular seat, I just don't like a lot of the unique features Evenflo does. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised when I do finally install one.

lovemybabies924

i really wanna play with one! but will never own one :( my vans anchor limit is 40lbs and I am really hoping to keep DD2 RF until 40-45lbs height permitting :)

jeminijad

I'm kind of an Evenflo fan these days... the Sure latch is pretty awesome on the Symphony in MIL's car, and the EFT65 that is in my car just feels like a lot of seat for the $100.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC