Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

Help! Odyssey at Capacity

Hi all,

I need help- havent bought car seats for infants in about 6 years and dont know what's what anymore.

We have 4 kids, all age 5 and up and in Britax Parkway SGLs. We are expecting again, and trying to figure out the best option for the car. As many of you techs know, the 2007 Odyssey seats 8, with a removable middle middle row seat. Not sure what we can get that will fit, or the right configuration. I love the Boulevards and so do the kids, and I cant imagine buying all new seats....

We also have a Honda Accord 05 for when we have 2 kids and the to-be baby (blended family, so sometimes we dont have all the kids with us). Also has Parkway SGLs.

We'd like either a baby bucket or a long-use convertible. Plan to keep rear facing as long as possible, plus we have long-torsoed kids (generally) who never outgrow by weight but do need a high height limit.

Thanks!!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Fanatic

Re: Help! Odyssey at Capacity

Welcome to car-seat.org.

How big and old are you four older kids? Are they all riding in boosters at this point? If so, I'm wondering if any of them might be able to move into a no back booster if that helps with space.

4. Thank You from:

Unregistered

Re: Help! Odyssey at Capacity

Thanks! I'm hesitant about the backless because I like the shoulder placement, but they are:

5, 50lbs, 42"
    7, 46lbs, 43"
    7, 43lbs, 43"
    6, 54lbs, 46"

They will all be older and probably at least an inch taller by the time the baby is here...

If they are backless, should I put them in the center?