My quick review of the Graco Size 4 Me

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
My quick review of the Graco Size 4 Me ***PICS ADDED***

***PICS ADDED in NP*** In a 2011 Chevy Traverse...the only place you can install it in the 2nd row is rear facing outboard. And that is IT. It will not install in any location FF (in the 2nd row). Well, that's not entirely true...if the head rest is not extended above the shell, it would technically fit outboard.....but, if their torso is that small, they should still be rf'ing. I didn't bother to try it in the 3rd row either direction. But I would expect that it will fit FF as it fits my dh's back seat of his truck beautifully (no head rests) as the angle of the headrests are not as pronounced...and in the center (where the TT is) there is no head rest.

So basically, you can forget a center install if you want to access your 3rd row (with it rf'ing). I did not technically install it, just sat it there but it over lapped the access seat by a couple of inches. And you can completely forget a FF install in the center. It does not fit between the buckle stalk and the hard plastic housing causing a MAJOR gap. Oh, and if you your head rests are fixed and angled forward, it will not fit FF AT ALL once the head rest is extended above the shell.

Now, rf'ing driver side outboard, AWESOME!! Even though I bought it for my DGD, I'm letting Kaylee ride in it today. I will get pics later to show leg room.

The seat is nice, and I like it it a lot, despite the issues with my car. But I didn't buy it for my car, I bought it for dd's Suburban and I think it will work great in their car!

Last edited:
ADS

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
OK, so I was a bit premature in my review. I did manage to get it in the 2nd row FF outboard, but not fully extended. But I did get it in...though I still think it will have limited life as a FF seat...at least in my car. You can't adjust it any taller without uninstalling it because the adjustable head rest is pushed very hard into the vehicle head rest.

And rear facing, while Kaylee had adequate leg room, I found it difficult to get her buckled since I couldn't get her legs out of way with the high sides. Though I like the high sides for the extra SIP.

And yeah, the buckle sucks. Though I would guess it is something you would get used too. I will get pics today.

I think the seat is still a contender, especially in it's price point. There are definitely better seats out there, but I think it's a good seat that will last most kids a long time that doesn't hurt the pocket book quite as bad as some others. I can't wait to try it in my dd's Sub and see how it fits. It is an older molder, so no latch and no angled head rests. I'm betting it will work great. At least I'm hoping it does!! LOL

HaileysMommy

This thread makes me want to flip mine around and see if I have any trouble. I probably won't bc I don't have headrests. Maybe I'll try in my Ezra car.

kidzndogz

I got mine today and while Liam wouldn't sit in it for more than a second, I did notice the harness was very hard to tighten after a certain point. The buckle is stiffer than others but eh, I don't see the big deal. Installed easily and beautifully both RF and FF in a 4Runner. My only beef is that there is NO eps foam whatsoever except in the head wings. What's up with that?

Chely7425

I have one too :) Amie snagged it for me on Target clearance, and it will work for now, fat baby and favis both seem comfortable in it.

Kat_Momof3

that's common with seats with headwings... the britax seats are like that... the blvd and frontier only have it in the headwings... the eps foam is for head protection... since the headwings move up and down to stay with the head, they don't need it all over the seat.

love-pink

Kat_Momof3 said:
that's common with seats with headwings... the britax seats are like that... the blvd and frontier only have it in the headwings... the eps foam is for head protection... since the headwings move up and down to stay with the head, they don't need it all over the seat.

My boulevards have eps all down the seat. My gn has wings and foam all down the seat I think also. The RNs with wings have foam all down the seat for sure.

kidzndogz

Kat_Momof3 said:

I think a lot of seats have it down the sides now....I thought it was on its way to becoming a standard thing. My Blvd in my car has EPS down the sides.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
Oh, and if you your head rests are fixed and angled forward, it will not fit FF AT ALL once the head rest is extended above the shell.

The seat is nice, and I like it it a lot, despite the issues with my car. But I didn't buy it for my car, I bought it for dd's Suburban and I think it will work great in their car!

The issue with head restraints will be a major one if NHTSA requires non-removable restraints at some point, perhaps as early as 2014, I think. With consumers demanding seats with higher weight limits and taller height limits, it could become a much bigger problem.
Posted via Mobile Device

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Sorry for the delay of pics....I finally got some today. We have been using the S4M for the last week as a FF seat, and all in all, it's not half bad. I did just install them both rf'ing for my dd's kids in a 2000 Sub...and I did end up using a locking clip for the outboard seat and still had issues with the ubber long buckle stalks. :( I untwisted and retwisted the belt trying to get it in a position I was happy with. I really need to get a belt shortening clip for that thing. Anyways, they are both in...haven't seen the kids in it as of yet, but the seats are installed.

Now, on to the pics! First up is in a 2011 Chevy Traverse...model is 3yrs and 31lbs. Unsure of height. But shirt in pic is a 4T and capri's are a 2T.

This is the position DD used it in. If I reclined the seat one notch, I can raise the head rest one position, them pull the vehicle seat back up and it's still tight. If I raise it up any more, you can't put the vehicle seat back up anymore and you lose the good install.

421582_4601504839672_34611065_n.jpg

Showing how much it pushes on the fixed head rest.
421726_4601506119704_1373485595_n.jpg

DD in the seat.
255496_4601506999726_1104258205_n.jpg

Showing it the highest position and the gap that is created. It is also no longer a secure install.
423696_4601507839747_164024236_n.jpg

How much room she has to grow.
386212_4601508559765_424278144_n.jpg

Installed rf'ing with vehicle seat fully upright (not enough leg room for dd).
386306_4601509719794_1180218540_n.jpg

Head rest fully extended.
546269_4601510559815_722399357_n.jpg

DD in the seat, with vehicle seat reclined to give adequate leg room.
184011_4601511319834_197169055_n.jpg

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
This is installed side by side in a 2000 Suburban. I can still raise and lower the access seat without it rubbing on the center seat. It installed like a DREAM in the center location with lap belt. Outboard, was another story. But it's in. I did not try it FF in the Burb.

539122_4601512319859_924041640_n.jpg

304440_4601512919874_1221243055_n.jpg

Kat_Momof3

looks like (from the vehicle seats) that it will fit just fine ff in the suburban, so that's good (that's your dd's vehicle, right?)

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
looks like (from the vehicle seats) that it will fit just fine ff in the suburban, so that's good (that's your dd's vehicle, right?)

I don't expect there to be an issue when they are FF. And yes, it's for dd's babies in her Sub. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC