Need lightweight stroller rec

Dorothy

All of a sudden, my Blink is so hard to steer. Like, almost impossibly hard. DD has weighed the same for at least six months, so its not extra weight. I can't find anything wrong with it, either. I highly doubt Britax will be able to do anything for me since its out if warranty. So, what should I be looking for? I still miss my BJCMicroD. Should I just try to find a Micro single? Would I be happy with a MacLaren (sp?)? I need something quick and light as I have a Rev for when something more heavy-duty is required. TIA

Sent from my phone using the app :)

Last edited:
ADS

jkrkmama

We have a Maclaren Volo and a Triumph. Love them both! I definitely would not suggest the Britax B nimble. I dislike that seat a lot. The back adjuster gets tangled And stuck all the time. I like the Chicco liteway but it only goes to 40lbs.

Dorothy

jkrkmama said:
We have a Maclaren Volo and a Triumph. Love them both! I definitely would not suggest the Britax B nimble. I dislike that seat a lot. The back adjuster gets tangled And stuck all the time. I like the Chicco liteway but it only goes to 40lbs.

Thanks for the input. :) I should have mentioned in the op that I need at least a 50# weight limit. I see a Micro and a B-Agile on CL. Is $165 a good price for a B-Agile?

ETA- There are tons of Maclarens, too.

mommabritt

I love our mac. I love that my youngest three kids can sit in it (they are 1, 4, and 6) and the steering isn't much different. It does lack storage space though.

Brittney, mom to four.... 9, 6, 4, and 11 months!

jheimes

I love my Graco Ipo. I think it goes to 50# and seat reclines almost flat. Tall seat back 3 or 5 pt harness. Okay sized basket. Umbrella style fold and handles. Taller than traditional cheaper umbrella strollers.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I will chime in on the Mac love. I have two Mac doubles and a Starck, and the Starck is by far the easiest to push umbrella I have ever, ever had. I hear it's very similar to the Volo. I've pushed the Volo with a 40 lb. kid in it in-store and it pushed like a dream. I've pushed a Triumph and it also pushed well with a kid in it. They just make very pushable strollers, for lightweight compact fold models. And sturdy. One of my doubles is a thrift store find, the cover is kind of trashed (because it had been covered in filth and molded in someone's garage- why I got it for $5!) but it seriously still pushes just like the one I bought new, even though I used it daily for a year before getting a new one to not have to put up with the cover and canopy issues.

DMS721

I have a b agile and it is hard to steer with my 3 yr old who is 33 lbs. Also after minimal use for about 6 months it has got squeaky. I'm actually going to get rid of it and get a Baby Jogger Versa, as I need a parent facing option for my baby. I love Britax car seats, but not so sure about their strollers.

Dawn

MoreLatte

I'd go with a Mac or BJCM depending on the features you'll need. For just something to have in the car for quick in and out trips, the Volo is nice- since there's no recline mechanism on the side, the basket is easier to access than the Quest and even though the wheels are slightly smaller, it still pushes super smooth. The canopies on all of the Macs are not wonderful though IIRC, the Volo canopy is bigger than on the Quest and Triumph.

If you need something with a better canopy and a little more comfort in mind, definitely the BJCM.

jordansmom

Since you liked your BJCMicroD so much, have you considered the Target single version? I'm pretty sure I've read "reviews" from others on here loving it!

KatieMB

I have an IPO and a Maclaren Volo and have had both through 2 kids.

Pro's of the IPO - it lays flat, it is inexpensive, it folds easily, steers easily, provides more padding than the Mac.

Con's - the umbrella is useless and pops off easily, it's not as well made as the Mac and we have had to put WD40 on the wheels a couple of times because they start to squeak.

Pro's of the Mac - Superlight weight, awesome umbrella, steers easily.

Cons - buckles are annoying, imo, wheels needs a cover when you fold it or the umbrella gets super filthy, it's harder to fold than the IPO sometimes, IDK it just sticks.

If your child doesn't need to recline and you can afford it, I'd go with the Mac Volo or maybe an upgraded Mac like the Quest. If you'd rather save $ I think the IPO is an excellent stroller and I'd choose it for a younger child.

KatieMB

Missed the 50lb weight limit, don't get an IPO for that. It's a PITA for me to push the oldest in the IPO but really easy in the Mac and he is 49lbs.

Dorothy

Thanks, all! I had seen a thread by some lucky mama that got one of the souped-up Target Micros for cheap at a thrift store or something. Jealous! ;-) I'll look at some Mac listings on CL, then. I saw one Micro listing.

Just to answer some of the questions upthread-
I don't need flat recline, but the kids do like some when they're tired. This would be mostly for indoor use, probably, so canopy size isn't a huge concern. I *should* get an umbrella fold in the interest of compactness, but I really, really liked my Baby Jogger. So... I guess it'll probably come down to what I can get the best deal on.

Thanks, again, for all the info! :)

Dorothy

How much would you offer for a Mac Triumph. The year isn't listed, but the color is Black Scarlet, which is discontinued. Condition is listed as "great shape, hardly used". Thanks.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I'd ask for pics and then ask how much the seller is thinking. Remember the ”first person to say a number loses” rule when negotiating. Condition will have a lot to do with what it's worth though.

Dorothy

The Mac Triumph was no longer available. How do we feel about the Aprica Presto, Quinny Zapp and UppaBaby G-Luxe?

Last edited:

Kaylee31

I love my G-luxe and I usually don't like umbrellas. I had a Triumph & think the g-luxe is much nicer-- better canopy, legrest, plusher seat, easier fold. Just make sure it's at least a 2011, because there was several improvements that year. The Zapp doesn't recline, not sure if you need that or not. I've heard mixed reviews about the Presto, that the fold is tricky; but it has a high up seat & weight limit.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC